• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poor Buddy

sarattie

Alpha Buck
My little fella has to go for dental treatment every 5 or 6 months or so. Hes in thismorning. Its his back teeth which are seriously deformed and need rasping and clipping.

Just had a call and apparantly because he's such an older bunny and the fact that hes had it done so many times before there are loads of blood vessles.
anyway hes lost loads of blood and needs to stay in for teh rest of the day on a drip :( whish I could bring him home

Poor little old man :(

Hi Caz,

by the way.... the hay.... he nibbled, thought about it, nibbled some more and then said, no thanks!! cheeky fella!

thanks for sending me those samples though. Hes now on science selective which seems to be going down well.

After this last op im really worried about his future though. How many more of these operations can a little bunny take :(

Oh poor boy, how old is he? My nearly 6 year old bun has had 3 ops in the past 10 months, all unrelated!! She has come through each one very well but I expect your vet will want to have a chat about future ops etc. I hope it is good news, got everything crossed for him.

Nicola

aaaawwww bless him :? we are thinking of you , and hope your bunny comes home to you very soon.
Please give him a snuggle from me. :)
Best wishes

I wish my vet would help with Tobys teeth but he won't. they are not in bad shpe but just need flushing :? .

Good luck with your bun and sure all will go well :)

Oh sarah i feel for you and buddy i really do, just give him lots of cuddles when he gets home. :rabbit2:

thanks for all your kind wishes

Hes home now. Hes had to have been on a drip as he lost lots of bood during the op something to do with blood vessels having lots of the same treatment and being and old man!!

hes obviously happy to be home... he has been wanting to hop about but ive shut him in his cage as he still seems very wobbly on his back legs so i htink its best he has a rest for a while. its almost like the front half of him is excited and the back half is still asleep so I want ot keep and eye on him til hes 100%

got some Baytril for him and he goes back for a check up on saturday

thanks again for all your kind words and Buddy says thanks too!

thanks for all your kind wishes

Hes home now. Hes had to have been on a drip as he lost lots of bood during the op something to do with blood vessels having lots of the same treatment and being and old man!!

hes obviously happy to be home... he has been wanting to hop about but ive shut him in his cage as he still seems very wobbly on his back legs so i htink its best he has a rest for a while. its almost like the front half of him is excited and the back half is still asleep so I want ot keep and eye on him til hes 100%

got some Baytril for him and he goes back for a check up on saturday

thanks again for all your kind words and Buddy says thanks too!

dwarf corn, corriander and wholemeal bread (no crusts)

I know its ot the best feast but its his favourite!! So what the hell!!

spoiled he is!!!

Back