• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crappy Easter

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Morning Guys,

Some very sad news this morning. My baby bunny Thumper died at 1.30pm on easter Sunday, my baby was only two and had been sick for about 1 year, the vet checked him on wednesday last week and said there was nothing wrong with him!!!!! B**LS**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his lips were blue and his breathing was laboured but i was cuddleing him when he died, after some futher investigation and reading of old vet nursing notes i have come to the conclusion that he had a heart problem which was undetectable from a bog standard exam. I will miss him and i love him. :cry: :cry:

Lots of love to you all and your bunnies XXX

I'm so sorry, what a heartbreaking Easter for you :cry:

At least he was with you and you knew you'd done everything you could. Still awful that it happened :(

oh god no! what a terrible easter and what a terrible vet! poor little Thumper - my thoughts are with you :wink:

Oh how sad :cry: So sorry for your loss.

I would move vets. When my Tizzy was ill the vets said she was fine and it was clear something was wrong....I walked into another vets crying to ask for a second opinion and they were great. Unfortunately we had to lt our Tizzy go that night but I take my other 5 there are havn't looked back since.

There is great peace of mind in finding a vet that you can trust in awful situations like these.

Yeh, my Thumps has been having antibiotics for colds and other infections, maloclusion of his teeth he even had a op on wednesday to remove his front teeth because he wasn't eating properly!!!!! and my vet insisted that he was fine. I now know i should have got a second opinion!!!!!!!!!!! Other than this my vet is usually good we've been going to him for 10 years, but after thumper im moving!!!!! :?

Aww I'm so sorry to hear about Thumper! :( You must be heartbroken!
I've had to move vets too, mostly because I don't feel comfortable with the vet there. I hope you find one that is better than your current one!
Ang xx

What a sad time you've had - its devastating when we loose our much loved critters - I know it will be difficult but try and look on the positive side that Thumper was much loved and had a smashing 2 years with you where he was well cared for.

Binky Free little Thumper - say hello to the Bridge Bunnies - X

Oh bunnytales that made me cry!!! I buried him up on the hill behind my house so he can look down on all his friends. I like to think of him binkying around :)

Oh no!! I am so, so sorry to hear about your lovely bunny Thumper, and my heart goes out to you.
We too lost a beloved bunny early Easter morning, one of my long term boarding bunnies, so I have the dreadful task of breaking the news to the owner in due course. :cry:
I am sure our bunny and your Thumper must have departed for Heaven together or met at the gates, at least they hopped into Heaven with a rabbit friend :wink:
No words can comfort you at a time like this, but Thumper had a lovely life with you, and you were there with him at the end to help him on his spiritual journey.
Sending hugs and lots of love, thinking of you
XX

Im so sorry for you, same thing happened to me on Good Friday in 2004, I lost my lop Phoebe, she died in my arms. Fine the night before, then she was blue and just went unconscious, and then had a heart-attack in my arms. Id rang the emergency vet that morning for advice, but she died so suddenly I didnt have chance to take her down. Thinking of you. xx

Omg Im so sorry to here that Hun!! Our Hearts go out to you!! Never forget that she'll always remember the loving home you gave her! My Thumps Send his love and all his bunnie kisses!!

I'm so sorry to hear about Thumper :cry: He was no age at all :cry:
Run free in the eternal sunshine Thumper and say hello to the Hairy Mob for me xxxxxx

Back