• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FOOD

maverick

Young Bun
How much food should i feed my rabbit, he is 18 months old. And how much vegetables?

Whats the Supreme Science Selective food like. Is it the best thing?

How big is your bunny? An average sized rabbit should have approx. 50g per day. SS is a good food but I'd say it depends on how your bun does on it. For example Amy my little bun was on Excel but she had loads of excess ceacotrophs and it wasn't agreeing with her, but I've switched her over to the Allen and Page pellets and they agree with her 100%! On the other hand Princess my English cross is doing brill on Excel, good pellets, good coat etc, so I'd say try the SS or whatever complete food you can get hold of and see how your bun does on it. Remember to mix it in with the current food and swap over 7-10 days otherwise they can get tummy problems.

He should be on 80% hay in his diet, basically hay, hay and more hay!! Timothy hay is v good quality but meadow hay from pet shops does the job :) That's v. important especially for teeth and also for tummy.

As far as veggies go, does your bun have any at the mo? If not then introduce each veggies separately and slowly as again too much can upset their tums. I feed my bunnies 1/3 carrot, 1/4 apple, celery on a daily basis plus broccoli, cauliflower, greens etc whenever I have them in the fridge!! Veggies shouldn't be a huge part of the diet just an addition but they do like them :)

Hope that helps :)

Nicola

Back