• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Okay Ill stop feeding Toby the drops!

Toby

Banned
....can i just have less of the PM's and emails stating how crawl, heartless, selfish and how much I am poisoning my rabbit please!!! Because I wasn’t doing any of the above I was just simply treating my rabbit once in a blue moon! :(

I have been told that this debate is on other forums and I am being called crawl all over the joint. I don’t know either to laugh or cry to be perfectly honest with you. Please no fights here I dunno if I can take anymore. :(

aaww Emma.. Dont think Toby would be 13yrs if u were that cruel to him. Glad you have decided to cut out the choccy treats :wink:
Now it must be time for some new Toby pics i think :p

Hey, as Dideen said, Toby wouldn't be 13 if you were a bad mum! You are a great mum to him and I am glad to hear you have stopped the drops! :wink:

Try to forget about the whole thing if you can! :D

Oh dear Emma, sorry to hear you've even had PM's about the subject too. :shock:

Working with animals, i can assure you there's plenty of people that don't know the full facts & feed their rabbits pet shop treats (we've all done it at some point) so don't feel like you're the only one. :D The manufacturers would've stopped production a long time ago if this was not the case.

Just because you've been fortunate enough not to have to experienced the related problems, it doesn't make you a bad person at all. People can only go on their own experiences in life, you included. :wink:

I think its fantastic Toby is the grand age he is, regardless! :D 8)

You're a great bunny mummy, Emma. No one could ever doubt how much you love and care for Toby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

I don't know the story that went on, and no, I don't feed my bunnies any pet shop treats at all (with exception of Easter and Christmas when they get a treat stick), but I would be the last one to tell someone with an almost 14-year old rabbit how to look after their bunny! Chin up and do what you think is best for your little chap.

Vera

My pm was to support you Emma, nobody should be hassling you as your a brilliant rabbit mum as people have said. Nuff said!

I agree with the others Emma, you are a brilliant bunny mummy, dont you start worrying and getting upset, Toby is a total credit to you. xx

Emma if you were a bad bunny Mummy then you would not have bothered to post about Toby eating chocolate drops on the Forum.
The fact you took time to do that, and find out what other people thought about it show you care a great deal about doing the best thing by Toby.
Although , I do not necessarily agree with your point of view (sorry :oops: ) about chocolate, it certainly does not mean that I think any the less of you or the love and care you bestow upon Toby.
That is evident for all to see, anyone who says anything else is just unkind, as it is simply not true.

Keep smiling, and wishing you and Toby a Lovely Easter.
Love from Adele and all the Sanctuary rabbits.
XX

Thank you for all your kind words everyone - I still have no doute that there still that 1 or 2 ion here that think i am the devil with rabbits....but i don't care about these people.

My pm was to support you Emma, nobody should be hassling you as your a brilliant rabbit mum as people have said. Nuff said!

Your PM's where very nice emilou, i wasn't talking bad of you thank you for your support :)

I am really sorry this is still going on everybody feeds there rabbits different.Ollie is on a very good diet of lots of veg hay and a few pellets and he does have treats dried fruit and pet shop treats.I can never understand people that dont give there rabbits lots of veg but i would never say they are being a bad bunny mum.Please dont take it to heart what people say they are not worth it you must be doing the right thing by Toby he is 13.Please keep on doing what you have been doing and dont let them get to you he is your rabbit not their thats all what matters.

The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else

ellepotter said:
Joanne said:
The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else

I've got this quote framed and its been on my bathroom door for years! :)

Louise
Oh I like that quote :) Must try and cross stitch it in years to come when the buns let me have a bit of peace :?
It sounds about right for me 'cos I've always gone along and done what I wanted and not what everyone else wanted me to do - specially my family - that's why I'm the black sheep of it 8) :lol: :lol:

Toby said:
Thank you for all your kind words everyone - I still have no doute that there still that 1 or 2 ion here that think i am the devil with rabbits....but i don't care about these people.
Chin up gal ! You cannot be a bad bunny mum with a 13 year old rabbit !!! And anyone who thinks you are 'the devil with rabbits' quite clearly needs their head examined. Look at the thousands and thousands of bunnies in shelters, and those in bad homes where they have 2 square inches to sit in - these bunnies had or have bad bunny mummy's. There is no comparison in my opinion.

I can not believe you have had nasty Pm's to be honest, my Flash has a treat from the pet shop and I don't think 1 tiny bunny chocolate drop once a week wil hurt him...............chin up and as somebody said I wouldn't dream of telling you how to look after Toby with him being 13 years old I think you have worked that one out yourself! :D

A colleague of mine who has a bun asked me yesterday why his bunny came out in a rash on the back of his neck after he had eaten the chocolate treats from the pet shop. I gave him the lecture about chocolate being bad for buns etc. and he said "but this wasn't our chocolate, it was the stuff made for bunnies". Draw your own conclusions as to whether this stuff is good or bad.

Back