• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daisy is ill

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
just went out to put buns in their indoor runs for the night and found Daisy lying down breathing very fast. she feels cold and just flops when I've picked her up.....have made her drink some water dripping it in her mouth but dont know what to do :( she has done this a couple of times before for no obvious reason and recovered a couple of hours later but i'm very worried..she is normally a very lively character and it's horrible to see her like this...if no improvement in half an hour I think emergency vet time :cry:

oh my, I would take her to the vet as soon as you can. And even if it goes away, I would still take her in to see what is causing this and what you can do to prevent this! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the little dear!!
((((hugs))))

Awwwww fingers crossed Jill - we'll all be thinking of you and sending healing vibes for your precious bunster - keep us posted when you can.

aaawww dont know what could have caused this. Has she eaten anything or done any poops? Could it be bloat..altho u say she has done it before. Keep topping her up with water and see if u can tempt her with some hay or grass. Hope she is feeling better soon

Good news..she's ok :D she improved very slowly over a couple of hours, then, when I next checked her, she was hopping about and throwing her dish wondering where her supper had got to!
I dont know if she eats something such as a buttercup or other weed that upsets her. I try to be careful about where they graze and none of the others have ever been ill. It's very scary when she does it. I'm so relieved and thanks for all your concern and good wishes x

Oh thank goodness for that :) Well, I can sleep a bit better now that I know she is fine :)
Still, something must be going on now and again for this to happen. Could she be getting gas attacks do you think?
Just glad to hear that she is back to normal :D

Back