• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for bunny poop experts..

It's the moulting season and the fur can join the poos together, it is a good idea to brush/combe daily at the moment to keep this to a minimum as it is not good for the bunnies to digest too much fur.

Hope this helps

Maureen

Are the bunnies in molt :?: - I think it can sometimes happen when they digest more hair than usual - especially if you have bonded pairs who groom each other and themselves as well - but something tells me there will me some poo experts on any time now :lol: :lol: :wink:

Never seen that so i wouldn’t know.

But I know what you mean about rabbits moulting!!! There is fur EVERYWHERE here. I am brushing him all the time and it just keeps coming. Poor Toby looks a bit scraggy at the moment :lol:

yeah usually cos of fur or maybe eaten some string or similar. My two both have stringy poops sometimes cos of the fur they ingest when grooming id guess.

I don't know if it belonged to Totti or Brody as they're both in the kitchen at the mo but they are both moulting which surprises me as Totti had a major moult a few weeks ago. Thanks guys, I guess I don't need to get the camera out to show you what it looks like :lol: :wink: :lol:

Maureen, please tell me when is the maulting season over?!?! First it was Oli, now it's Sylvia - they just seem to go on maulting FOREVER. Sylvia too is looking like a scraggy dog of late - it's doesn't suit her at all. And my flat is FULL of fluff - every day, twice a day, I hoover it up, and there it is again a few seconds later, just as if I never touched a hoover my entire life :shock:

Mine have had stringy poos before too - but it goes away if you groom them every day (those rubber glove thingys are very effective).

Yup definitley strung together with hair - watch it though as if they ingest too much they can get a full blockage :?

Bunny-mad, rabbits kept in the house seem to moult continuously as the central -heating plays havoc with their system of shedding hair in autumn/spring as normal outdoor buns would :)

HTH

:lol: :lol: :lol: ah a braclet of rabbit sh** would look lovely you should feel proud to wear it :D

how's Molly?

BirdieBun said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: ah a braclet of rabbit sh** would look lovely you should feel proud to wear it :D

how's Molly?
She's been digging away like mad again :roll: I suspect she's even thinner :cry: even though she's eating so well :cry: thanks for asking

haha

Yes Milo is going through the same thing. As already stated it must be the time of season when they shed or what not. Just keep on brushing lol. :wink:

My lot must be waiting to molt all at once! Not one of them has started yet not event the Cats! :shock: :lol:

Louise

Back