• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URENT APPEAL - 70+ rabbits need new homes

Hiya guys,

Once again Bright Eyes and Ratty Haven are full to the brim with unwanted bunnies, many have been dumped, or had to be moved due to pet shops selling mixed sex pairs.

Maire has 50 with her many little babies and many adults, I have 20 or so with me some youngsters and some adults, all my entire males are due to visit the vet in the next week or so as soon as cheques have cleared.

We have huge waiting list for rabbits to come in but just can't take on anymore as we have run out of space for hutches and food bills are so high.

We really need to find homes for these guys so we are able to help the others, they are now being dumped outside our front doors.

If you are unable to home a rabbit but would like to help us help them donations of food would be greatly apprecated, I know Marie is getting through 80kg per week at present.

Ratty Haven is in Exmouth Devon and Bright Eyes is in Pylmouth Devon.

omg good luck with rehoming these bunnies, I just do not understand how people can dump their bunny outside a door - it is totally heartbreaking :(

OOH!! good luck in rehoming buns, i have a couple of rescues one is blind. I just don't understand how people can dump there animals. It's heart breaking.

Ratty Haven said:
Hiya guys,

Once again Bright Eyes and Ratty Haven are full to the brim with unwanted bunnies, many have been dumped, or had to be moved due to pet shops selling mixed sex pairs.

Maire has 50 with her many little babies and many adults, I have 20 or so with me some youngsters and some adults, all my entire males are due to visit the vet in the next week or so as soon as cheques have cleared.

We have huge waiting list for rabbits to come in but just can't take on anymore as we have run out of space for hutches and food bills are so high.

We really need to find homes for these guys so we are able to help the others, they are now being dumped outside our front doors.

If you are unable to home a rabbit but would like to help us help them donations of food would be greatly apprecated, I know Marie is getting through 80kg per week at present.

Ratty Haven is in Exmouth Devon and Bright Eyes is in Pylmouth Devon.
Got an address to send food parcels to ?
Sally x

Are people able to make regular monthly donations, woodgreen do this to help with thier costs and most people could afford £2/3 per month. In saying that you first have to educate people that rabbits are worth helping too, the dogs protection league, rspca etc advertise these schemes on tv, don't know how succesful they are though.

if you could get 3/4 to manchester I have some spaces, I am in worcs tomorrow otherwise if they can be got there

Elaine

You're amazing! I don't know how you handle with so many bunnies! I have only one and I find it hard to get everything done. The grooming, the cleaning, the bathing, the feeding and the playing! It bothers me when people say bunnies are not a lot of work!

Shame your so far away :? , we would of loved to be able to help as we have managed going from 60+ rabbits before christmas down to under 30.

Hope you manage to home some soon.

Got my fingerscrossed you will find new homes soon.

Ratty Haven said:
no I am afarid we don't :(

How can I donate some cash to you? I have run out of cheques, actually I should have another book somewhere. you don't have a paypal thing or anything?

I am possibly looking for a neutered male med size as a companion for Charlie ( largish and slightly tubby female spade english), who has recently lost her sister. I live near Exeter. What breeds to do have?

Charlie loves cuddles and I think might bond easily.

I was trying to remember who was asking for rescues in Devon. I see youve found each other... Great

bright eyes has closed down in May due to her landlord wanting all the animlas removed. I know only have 18 rabbits looking for homes. Just to let you all know

I am so sorry Siohban :( Marie must be devastated :( I did'nt realise she had to shut down :( its kind of blown my suggestion in your other topic regarding your own situation :( apart from donations is there anything that any of us could do to help :?:

Siohban, I am sorry I cannot offer to take any of your buns in but please PM me with your details so I can send a donation. I have lots of sipper bottles, do you need any? I really wish I could do more, it is so frustating and I know how anxious it can make you. If possible can you take up Amanda's offer at Medway? They helped me out of a dark deep hole not so long ago for which I will be eternally grateful. If transport is a problem try on the forum, I have realised people want to help us and they do it with a good heart, they love the buns and just want to lend a hand.

Alice

I would have space for a couple but i am so far away all the best and i hope that the buns find good homes XXX

Back