• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi, I'm new and this is my bunny.

Swooky

Young Bun
Hi, I am new and my name is Janelle. I am 13 years old and I have a bunny named Apathy. He is a large lop and is a year old. I have taught him many tricks. He can be held upside down, pick up a ball of yarn and run around with it, lay flat on his tummy, follow my hand, jump over jumps like a horse, go outside on a leash and chase me. He is the best bunny ever and has never bitten anyone ever. Although he does enjoy licking you and even giving you kisses on the face! ;D He has never done anything bad and is litter-trained. He will eat anything BUT MEAT. He hates meat. Alot. But whenever I let him out to run he has spazzums and leaps in the air. Does anybody elses bunnies do this? I will post some pictures now. I will take more tomorrow too.
NiggaFlop.jpg

NiggaClose.jpg

NiggaSideways.jpg

He gets too comfortable sometimes. I'm not even holding onto him! :)
awwnig.jpg

NiggaLongLegged.jpg

NiggainBlack.jpg

apathyalexander.bmp

fatttyy.jpg

run.jpg

Sorry about the pictures being so big. I will take more pictures tomorrow. Like body shots and stuff. Also if anyone is interested in breeding with him please tell me. He's not neutered. If you need any extra information please PM me. Enjoy everyone! :)

hi there

i am not suprised that he doesnt like meat he is an herbivore, you must not let him eat he or any diary produce. the only things he should be eating is hay, small amounts of pellets desined for rabbits and if you like veg but nothing else.....what else do you feed him?

nice pictures though!

Oh don't worry, I didn't purposely feed him meat. I left my plate on the couch to get a drink and he hopped up onto the couch and sniffed it and ran away. But I only feed him bunny food sometimes, hay that I sometimes take from the barn and vegetables. Never ice-burg lettuce though. Oh and some fruits.

Hiya Janelle - Love your bunny pics - what a clever boy.

Hope you enjoy the Forum here you'll find loads of good help here regarding all aspects of bunny care - when you get a mo it might be worth
having a look at some of the bunny diet posts as it sounds like your bunny loves you sooooo much and you'll want to love him back and feed him all the bunny food he will love.

Swooky said:
Oh don't worry, I didn't purposely feed him meat. I left my plate on the couch to get a drink and he hopped up onto the couch and sniffed it and ran away. But I only feed him bunny food sometimes, hay that I sometimes take from the barn and vegetables. Never ice-burg lettuce though. Oh and some fruits.

ow you had me worried there, :shock: :lol: :lol:

Awww, he is a sweetie :D . I love the piccies of him doing the jumps !!

Just a note on breeding though, I don't think that anyone here would recommend that you breed your rabbit. On last count there were up to 30,000 rabbits in rescue looking for homes and deliberately breeding your rabbit can either add to that problem, or take a home away from a bunny in rescue. Now if you are planning on keeping them all, then I guess that is not such a problem ! :lol: Best leave the breeding to the professional rabbit breeders.

Welcome to Rabbit Rehome though, always nice to see another bunny person :D, I hope you find it interesting and helpful.

What a lovely boy :D . When he jumps around like that in the air it means he's a happy bunny :p It's usually called binkying. Looking forward to more photos :)

Oh yes, he's a VERY spoiled and happy bunny. But about the whole breeding thing. I wouldn't be giving them away like that. People have asked me if I could breed there bunny with mine and they would keep the babies.

Just wondering, is there anyone that has bunnies with weird traits like mine? Such as the jumping and the whole holding up upside down. He WONT and REFUSES to be held the normal way. He'll jump down out of my hands. But if I hold him upside down he'll stay there for hours. And it hurts my arms since hes so heavy. 7 pounds. I think more now though.

He was my sisters birthday present. I didn't name him. But after a few days she sort of ignored him. Me being the biggest animal fan ever. Ended up stealing him. :lol: Now he's basically mine. She cleaned his cage about twice and got sick of it. Now I do all the work. Cleaning it twice a day. Messy bunny! But about the whole name thing. I think she named him that because being apathetic means lack of interest. He really doesn't care about what's around him. He's very very mellow and such.

Welcome to Rabbits Rehome.

I think all rabbits can be held upside down, they cant move when they are like that. Thats how you cut his nails and look at his teeth :D . My rabbit lays flat, like a cat with his legs out to the side.

P3230187.jpg

Hes not doing it properly here, i will get a shot of him when he's doing it properly:D

hi what a lovely bunny u have there, when u hold them on there back they go into a trance which is good to do this when checking them over and if they have had a shock and is clams them down but shouldnt lye them on there back over long periods of time just for about 5- 10 mins at any time. here is a pic of flapjack on his back in bed (not trying to steal the light but just showing u :D :lol: ) u have a clever boy there and love the pics of him jumping.

fjinbed.jpg

becky

ahhh what an amazing clever bunny you must have spent ages training him to do all those things, he looks very loved and totally adorable. Keep up the good work with your bunny he is mad!! Look how he jumps, maybe he thinks he is a horse?? you must be very proud of him...............welcome to RR I am sure you will be posting many pictures of him to keep us all entertained he should join a circus! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back