• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some pics of my little herd at last

KateRowan

Warren Scout
I'll just try out one photo first to see if it works, I'm seriously computer illiterate so I'm hoping here.
This is - hopefully - a pic of my two new babies who I picked up last week from Delphinum's. They're about eleven weeks old now (I think! Correct me if I'm wrong Ang) and are very sweet and cuddly, the boy is Sander, he's the one with a white tipped nose and front paws, and the girl is Errol.

Babies.jpg

The photos were taken by my nearest neighbour who came round specially so they're on the chair to keep them still enough to photo for a few seconds :D

Ok it worked :shock: I'll try a few more then :D

Sander by himself claiming my bath mat

BabyS.jpg

Flopsy and Ferdy my newly bonded couple, hopefully Sander will be joining them soon, they seem pretty happy with each other so far, fingers crossed

FlopsyFerdy.jpg

Tarragon my adorable bad rabbit whizzing past the camera, he's destined to have Errol as his companion as he's been alone long enough now poor boy. He didn't get on that well with Flopsy who was first choice and then I rescued Ferdy who just got on with her instantly :D

Tarragon.jpg

The Bunberry trio or the bad bunberries as I call them collectively. These three have always stayed pretty wild, though they love me for treats, the rest of the time they live in their own happy rabbit world, no-one else required, holding them is a rare event!

BunberrySelkieHarebell.jpg

Harebell
HarebellA.jpg

Selkie
SelkieA.jpg

and Bunberry (who's the boy)

Bunberry.jpg

Well that's my little herd
:D

AwWwWwWw!! The coloring on oll of them is absolutely georgous, but I love marking on your new black bun's head! So adorable! Good luck with the new babies!

They are all lovely :D

Are Harebell, Selkie and Tarragon related? They are very handsome/pretty :) Does that colour have a name? I have a lop that colour. He is a naughty bun :roll:

Bunberry loooks just like my Blackberry - so glossy 8)

Thank you :D

Yes Harebell, Selkie, Tarragon and Bunberry are siblings, they came from an unwanted litter of eight and my sudden urge to rescue them from their fate was what got me into bunnies. I have to say they were a bit of a crash course :lol: little devils :evil: In one of the photos you can see just a little of what they've done to the walls in their never ending belief that they can make burrows through anything :x . I still wish I could have taken the whole litter though :( .

I don't know if their colour has a name. I'm guessing it does as I've seen it fairly often, it'd be interesting to know what it is. Blackberry and Bunberry, they sound like they should be related :)

I'm pretty sure this is the final count now. Eight rabbits and three cats fill the house fairly well :roll: :D .

*wails* I want them baaack! LOL
They look so gorgeous Kate! I'm so happy that they've found such a lovely home! :D We never noticed before but Greebo has the same grey bit on his head as Errol and Sander have. It's so clear in that photo of them, but we never noticed it in any of them before.
And it's great to finally see more pics of the rest of your troupe!
Give them all plenty of hugs from me!
Ang xx

"though they love me for treats, the rest of the time they live in their own happy rabbit world, no-one else required, holding them is a rare event!"

Sounds very like me and mine ! Theyre all gorgeous.

KateRowan said:
Yes Harebell, Selkie, Tarragon and Bunberry are siblings, they came from an unwanted litter of eight and my sudden urge to rescue them from their fate was what got me into bunnies. I have to say they were a bit of a crash course :lol: little devils :evil: In one of the photos you can see just a little of what they've done to the walls in their never ending belief that they can make burrows through anything :x . I still wish I could have taken the whole litter though :( .

That is how I got started too :lol:

I rescued two from an unwanted litter and then took on another and the mother when the woman started threatening to drown them as she couldn't find homes :shock: I wish I had taken them all even though Mama Rabbit had another litter :roll: I still think about those two boys I left with her. (I had all the females) They never got let out. I tried to get at least one from her later but she said the children wouldn't part with their beloved pets - unless I swapped a guinea or two for them. I couldn't do that to a poor piggie as I had seen the daughter tossing her rat around like a beanie baby :cry: Needless to say I fell out with her :evil:

Those 4 rabbits were a crash course too. They were/are confirmed people haters (and who could blame them after that intro to people :roll: ) but I was still so taken with them that I have many more rabbits now, and their family no longer form the largest part of my rabbit colony. I had 8 of them for a while, 6 remain - the three silver foxes and the three largest agoutis.

Back