• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooty: Special Needs Bunny

Suzy Sue

New Kit
Sooty1.jpg

Can anybody offer a home to Sooty? He is still a baby but has head tilt, eye problems and dental problems and really needs a very special home and a girlfriend to play with. Sooty's details are on the rabbit rehome web site. Despite all his problems, Sooty is FUN FUN FUN as you can see from the photographs. The neglect he has suffered has not dampened his zest for life. He is a true inspiration and it is impossible to spend any time with Sooty without smiling. He is a real joy and very very naughty!

Please contact Jane Dexter on 01926 496402 or email jane.dexter@lawsociety.org.uk for further details.

Sooty.jpg

SOOTY11.jpg

How long was he on the treatment for the head tilt Suzy and what treatment is he having for the runny eyes :?: have his teeth been seen too as all these symtoms seem to be connected to me but may be wrong :? what has the vet advised regarding sooty's teeth :?: sorry for all the questions :oops:

If you could tell me a bit more about him and if poss get him to worcs on sat I could take him as I have some rabbits that go to schools and he sounds ideal, but I really need to know about his teeth etc before I commit

Elaine

elaine said:
If you could tell me a bit more about him and if poss get him to worcs on sat I could take him as I have some rabbits that go to schools and he sounds ideal, but I really need to know about his teeth etc before I commit

Elaine

Hi Elaine

could I ask why sooty would be ideal to take to schools :?: I would have thought his health problems, especially his head tilt would have meant that he would not travel well :? :? and being petted by children might not be the best environment for a bun with runny eyes and teeth problems.

what is it you do in the schools with the bunnies, if you dont mind me asking :)

hi denny

As you know I do rescue and I tend to go to schools with my local vet to let 4-5yr olds stroke and see how they eat and what they need as adiet it is really to try to show them that rabbits do need attention. Thye love my own british giants

I suppose you are right when I think more about it I was thinking about it after I had posted

Oh love him, he looks so gorgeous. I shouldn't come on here cos when I do I just want to take them all home. :lol:
I feel all sad now cos I know we can't take him, but I just want to give him loads of love and cuddles. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I really hope he gets a lovely home cos he really deserves one.

And this isn't Shell typing :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mark said:
Oh love him, he looks so gorgeous. I shouldn't come on here cos when I do I just want to take them all home. :lol:
I feel all sad now cos I know we can't take him, but I just want to give him loads of love and cuddles. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I really hope he gets a lovely home cos he really deserves one.

And this isn't Shell typing :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

excactly mark there is enough temptation thats why i have so many!!!! :lol:

Mark said:
I think we should sell our houses buy a caravan and a huge plot of land and rehome all the bunnies :D

what with 33,000 rabbit in rescues dont think your house is big enough really :lol: :lol:

BirdieBun said:
33,000 :shock: gosh I knew there were thousands but not that many..........how terrible :(

sadly, this is an old statistic which was brought up in a previous topic. hopefully, with Tamsin's survey that will be sent to many rescues up and down the country, a more accurate upto date statistic will be gained and it would'nt surprise me if this figure is doubled :( :( This is why it is so important to support the rescues and adopt a bunny from them, freeing up a space for another needy bun. I also think this is why so many rabbits are being dumped because many rescues are full and have waiting lists :(

Back