• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Lavender............(pics)

BevBunny

Mama Doe
Well, we went to RSPCA Medway yesterday to see if we could find Charlie a new friend. There are some beautiful bunnies there, but we'd really already got our hearts set on Lavender. So, we had a quick tour and a chat (Amanda - it was lovely to meet you and thanks for your help), and then we introduced Lavender to Charlie.

They did a bit of chasing each other around, lots of sniffing but no aggression at all. The centre manager there was a bit suprised that Charlie is 6 as he's a rather lively little bun, which made me smile. I realised that he's also very smell compared to most buns, I'd always been told he was a dwarf but thought he was a bit big to be a dwarf, obviously not! Lavender is a fair bit larger than Charlie and she's only 5 months old!

She hasn't been spayed yet, so we're going quite slowly and gently with the bonding, we may even wait until she's done before we really go for it. So. she's moved into her lovely new cage and Charlie is next to her in his, and they have separate playtimes. Lavender has amazed me - she begs for attention and demands fuss constantly when she is out. :D

I hope she's going to be very happy with us. :D

Anyhow, meet our new friend......Lavender.................

Lavenders1stDay003.jpg

Lavenders new home.

Lavenders1stDay005.jpg

Exploring.

Lavenders1stDay008.jpg

Having a sniff around.

Lavenders1stDay009.jpg

Making herself at home.

Lavenders1stDay12.jpg

Hiding under Charlies purple monster. (She keeps doing this!)

Aww, she's lovely! She does look like a big bunny, especially if she is only five months, she'll end up monster sized :lol:

Tam

wow!!! That bun is only 5 months old? She's really big, and looks like she has a really big heart too! She looks like such a sweetie and please post more piccies when you get a chance.

Awwwww she is such a cuty (or Big cuty) should I say :wink:

I just love her colouring - do you know what they call that - is it like a kinda dalmation coat :?:

Looks like they are going to be a fab couple - and so nice to hear of a rescue bunn getting such a fab home for Easter :D

She is gorgeous!!! What a little love!!! She is very big for 5 months...maybe she is really a frenchie!!! xxxx :D

Romy said:
She is gorgeous!!! What a little love!!! She is very big for 5 months...maybe she is really a frenchie!!! xxxx :D

hehehe yeah thats what i was thinking Romy :lol: :lol: She is beautiful tho and looks soo settled already. Glad you have found charlie a new friend.. i hope they will be very happy together :D

She's a cross between a lop and a something. We've just been talking about this and are now thinking that she may be a cross between a big lop (so maybe a frenchie) and a dutch (cos of her markings and her face is very pointed like a dutch).

She just came and sat on my lap, she's heavy! She's litter trained for her wee but not poops, Steve keeps remarking how big her poops are! :lol: :lol: I think the poops pop out everytime she binkies, which is rather a lot! :D

I just home she doens't try to hump Charlie too much when they meet - she'll squish him!!!!! (He's currently sat in his cage, being verycalm and watching her - beings as she's in his territory I am assuming this is a good sign. :) )

What a huge 5 month old :shock: :shock: Gorden Bennet, she's going to be a whopper :shock:
She's beautiful - and she looks so very relaxed already. Mind you, she is a doe and we all know how does take over the house :roll: :lol:

Wow Bev, pic's already, you must of had your camera out striaght away :lol: Great pic though.

Is she behaving herself :?:

I told you she was a little attention seeker and she is sooooo nosey. Looks like she settled down well :thumb: .
It looks like she missing us (Not) :lol:

Hope Charlie doesn't mind sharing his home with her, he's such a beautiful bunny. I cant believe his six.

Well give Lavendar big cuddle from me and it was lovely meeting you. Make sure you keep us updated. :wink:

Back