• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good News!

Misty&Cassie

Young Bun
Me and my mom were talking today about Misty and Cassie, and about how I missed em(she even admitted to missing them!). That is when she told me that my dad had said that I could get another bun if I really wanted to.I told her that I would love to get another bun! So today we called our county pound, and asked them about the rabbit that I had held for about an hour yesterday, they said they still had her, and so we went to get her! Her name is Janie but that might change since I have a cousin named Janie, and it would be wierd to say Janie and my little cousin come running! They called her a dutch rabbit,she is black and white, but her stripe doesn't go all the way around, see?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/KikoLover2004/Janie.bmp
And there is no white on her right side,except on her front foot. So would you really call her a true dutch?

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! She's a cutie! Sometimes when an animal you love passes away, you just need to fill that huge whole in your heart! I'm sure your new little baby will do just that and much more! Good luck with the little cutie and keep us updated with tons of piccies!!!

aaawww she looks really cute. Glad she's found you to love her. Maybe she is a dutch crossed with something else?

She is a bit skittish but I think it is becuase of the trip. When we went yesterday(I posted what happened yesterday in the topic"Bad News") I held her for about an hour. So she really is a sweet heart.

Iam a bit worried though, she may just be trying to settle in or something. Iam trying to get her out so she could hop around. She will let me pet her face like rite between the eyes. but when I go to pet her back she will turn around real quick and grunt. Is this a sign of pain. Or doese she just not want me to pick her up just yet?

maybe she is just scared. Can you put her cage somewhere so that she can hop out when she is ready? Give her a little while to settle in and im sure she will like you.. its great that she already allows u to stroke her nose :D

Her cage is cubes and cloroplast, and it opens from the top so she can't hop out on her own. And now I have more good news, I was giving her a bit of an apple that I hade eaten for breakfast, while she was eating I got to pet her back. When she stopped eating I stopped petting, but she grunted when I stopped and looked at me like, Hey, I demand you to keep petting me! So I kept petting her until she hopped away to get a drink of water.

awwwww she is lovely and dont worry some rabbits can take a while to settel in iv got one that iv have for about 3 months and is still very shy of me.
she could be just be a mis marked dutch as u can get them like that in litters but could also be a dutch cross, some times its impossible to tell what breed is in them
becky

Ok this is what Iam going to do, Iam going to make a little door so she can come in and out of the cage and put another litter box in my room. I will then lay down on the ground :shock: :wink: and let her smell me. Doese that sound all rite :? ? Any tips would be appreciated(sp?) :D

awwwwww, she looks like Brian! He is a dutchx with a stripe that doesn't go all the way round!! Our dog was called Janie :oops:

Brian does't like been stroked on his back, but is getting better about nose rubs

Misty&Cassie said:
I will then lay down on the ground and let her smell me. Doese that sound all rite ? Any tips would be appreciated(sp?)

Thats a good idea, try ignoring her and let her come to you.
Good luck :D

ahhh she is beauiful, my bunny is still not totally settled yet and I have had him nearly 4 weeks! He knows his way around he is just still a little jumpy and weary of me as I have had to catch him a few times, good luck with your beautiful bun and keep us posted - and of course more photo's would be more than welcome :wink: :lol:

Back