• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why

elaine

Mama Doe
I have got up this morning and there was a little pressie for me, 5 rabbits in the back garden in boxes isn't that nice of people, why don't they just ask

anyway

there is a agouti netherland dwarf buck we think under 6 months

there are 2 brown coloured lops in very bad moult under 9 months old

these are all males

What complete morons...was gonna type a worse word but no matter what I did with the stars, it still looked offending.

Hope someone offers to help you soon!

If you call the BRC then can trace the breeder from the ring number. Even if it wasn't the orginal breeder that dumped them, the breeder should have records of who brought them and they can 'spread the word' so that person has difficultly if they try to buy bunnies from them or another breeder again.

They'll also be able to tell you the breed and age which can be handy :)

Tam

i also have the nethy doe who I assume is sister to the little buck she was going to a home today but unfortunately that has fell through and the ring she has on is too tight but a local breeder has offered to get the 2 off for me

Elaine

What a great shame that folks think so little of these little creatures that they just dump them without any thought - I guess the only upside is that they did it in your garden and not in some wood somewhere.

Poor Little Bunsters - sending them hugs - hope you find loving homes for them soooon.

That is a horrid thing for people to do - I hope you do as Tam suggests and contact the breeder.

I hope these bunnies find loving forever homes.

lol Pam

hi

I have about 10 at the moment but some are reserved now, the problem Ihave at the moment is guinea pigs I seem to be flooded with them

Elaine

Funny you should say that! I have 40 piggies here at present (some are my own pets I must confess!), and I am building up a waiting list. I have only being involved with small furries rescue for 2 years but usually, with the support of other piggy rescue friends, I have been able to accommodate the piggies. Last year I homed guinea pigs really easily and a friend of mine who has been involved in guinea pig rescue for years said last year guinea pigs were the 'in pet' and that this year rescues would be inundated with them. It seems that pets follow fashion trends, not just the more unusual such as owls or toads, don't know what the fashion is this year, but no doubt we will get an inkling next year.

Good luck with the re homing Elaine. Alice

I am currently looking to rehome a baby female to go with the two females I have. I recently lost one and it looks so bare with just 2! So I would be more than happy to take 1 off your hands.

Nicola xx

If you contact the BRC to find out who had them then contact the RSPCA it is illegel to dump any animal and the dumpers can get a £5000 fine and/or a prison sentence!

Back