• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bad News

Misty&Cassie

Young Bun
I wasn't really sure if this is where I was supposed to post this, so I posted it here. Both of my buns died last night, Cassie and Misty. They were both so young I don't know what happened :cry: . I woke up this morning and they were side by side lying there. I took their bodys to the vet, and she was baffled and didn't know what had happened. So I buried them in my back yard, side by side, just like I found them this morning. I think Iam going to wait a bit, before bringing another bun into my life. I willl probably adopt, or I might buy from a breeder.

:cry: Rest in Peace Misty and Cassie :cry:

awww that really stinks...im sure it was meant to be...things happen for a reason...im sure ur next to buns will be misty and cassie reincarnated... im really sorry...

Thats really tough, it must be so hard not knowing what happened but don't beat yourself up over it - you took their little bodies to the Vet to try and find out what happenend, so did the right thing there. Carry on getting your bunny fix here then you will know when the time is right for another.

Oh I am so shocked to read that, I am so sorry for your loss. Cannot believe they both died, it would be bad enough seeing one but both of them is beyond belief.

They had lovely lives whilst they were here, I am so sorry for you. xx

awww

awww. im so sorry :cry: i cant imagine what your going through. my friend sandy has had this happen to her. her babies were 3-4 weeks old i think, and they both died and she didnt know what it was.
How old were they?

Thank-you all

missblondebunny- Cassie was about 8 wks old and Misty was11 wks old, but this is what the vet(she is also a breeder) was telling me yesterday.

Oh I am soooo sorry for your loss - this must have been devastating to find - loosing one is bad enough and so unusual - I've not heard of that before - did you buy them both together from the same place - maybe it was something genetic to them both.

Awww sending you a hug - and as said here don't beat yourself up - hopefully eventually you will feel strong enough to take on and find some love for another bunster.

bunnytales- I bought them at two sepparate places, and I took them both to the vet, and she said that they were both healthy but to just keep one in one end of thehouse and one in the other end of the house(long basement rancher). Which I did for a week then I took them back to the vet and she said they were still both healthy, so she said I could begin the introducement(whoah,sp?) fase. and they were both in the same cage. I watched every move they made when they where together. I just don't know what happened.

I'm so sorry for your loss I can't begin to imagine how you must feel. My heart goes out to you. They were loved and thats all that matters.

Lots of love for the future
Sianny and Indie

Bless you sending you loads of love xxxxxxxxxx Don't know what i would do if any of ours died they are all so important now to me and mark.

I am really sorry to hear this...such a devasating loss and ..for now..no explanation...lots of love and hugs for you

love.gif

awww

aww - while i was talking to sandy about hers we came up with many reasons but she will never know what happened, she also took them to the vets and they couldnt figure it out either.

xxxxx

Back