• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Birthday cake/ treat??

BubbleBee

Warren Scout
Tomorrow is my 2 dwarf bunnies 1st birthday ^_^ Any idea's on what I can make them for a cake?? I'll try to take pictures of them eating it with their party hats on ^_^ its gonna be so cute.

Thanks!

You can probably make a cake out of lettuce, maybe yogurt as the icing and put carrots, and other fruits and veggies on it. And I also can't wait to see photos!

Err... lettuce isn't too good either because it contains lactucarium (sp?) which causes a similar effect as opium which has been used in sleeping draughts. ;) Also go easy on carrots and fruit they are very high in sugar!
Can't wait to see the pics! :)

Lettuce is no good for bunnies, gives them upset tums!

Hw about making a yummy veggie mix out of their fave veggies? Chop it all up and mix it together, I'm sure they will really enjoy it!!

Nicola

Beebop said:
Err... lettuce isn't too good either because it contains lactucarium (sp?) which causes a similar effect as opium which has been used in sleeping draughts. ;) Also go easy on carrots and fruit they are very high in sugar!
Can't wait to see the pics! :)

I think Laudanum is the compound. ;)

Caz

I've heard that iceburg lettuce is bad, but that green leaf, red leaf, romaine, etc. are okay. Is that not true?

Happy Birthday to your buns! :D

I thought it was mainly iceberg too. Mine occasionally get romaine and other leaf type lettuce as opposed to head lettuce.

Caz

As far as I knew it was just iceberg that is no good for animals! Other types of lettuce such as red leaf and Romaine are listed on the safe veg sticky!

Iceburg ...Bad
Romaine... Good.

Our buns each get a slice of banana that has been rolled in oats, topped with a couple of raisins and craisins.

Back