• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ants nest???

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi i have just come home to find loads of ants in the rabbits shed, i am assuming there is a nest in there but cant see one (to dark) there has been no fresh food in there all day until now, what are they living on and what would have attracted them they was not there this morning!!!

and what can i safely use to get rid????

thanks eve x

bunnylove said:
hi i have just come home to find loads of ants in the rabbits shed, i am assuming there is a nest in there but cant see one (to dark) there has been no fresh food in there all day until now, what are they living on and what would have attracted them they was not there this morning!!!

and what can i safely use to get rid????

thanks eve x
Hi Eve, I have no idea what could've attracted your ants :( but maybe they have been there a while and you just didn't know until today when it was suddenly warm and they could come out.

However, if you want to commit ant genocide in a bunny friendly manner, then remove the buns for half an hour and pour the boiling contents of a kettle over the nest. It might take a few goes to get them all, but eventually they will all cook or drown. What a way to go . . .

use citronella/lavender/tee tray combi in a spray bottle - dilute (in water) six drops of each in 100ml bottle and spray liberally.

lol Pam

Back