• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mikeys eaten.....

Mikeymoo

Mama Doe
I recently hung a fresh corn on the cob in Mikeys cage. He really seemed to like it but this evening when i went to clean him out he'd pulled it down and eaten the string it was hung on :oops:

Will he be ok? This wont upset his tummy or anything will it ? :(

To be honest I'd be more worried about the corn on the cob he's eaten. Im pretty sure we came to the conclusion corn isn't good for bunnies as it they can't digest it and its also high in carbs which can cause soft poopies. The string he probably nibbled into little bits and it should pass through ok. However if he stops eating or pooping take him to the vets ASAP.
Hope Mikey is ok though! :D

Angela

Oh dear, we give hugs and bunny corn on the cob as a treat occasionally, should we stop?? There has been no change in poo and they seem to be healthy and happy. Hugggies ate a dead worm once though.....yum!!!!

As regards to the corn, i hav never personally given it to my buns but thats not to say i wont.. yes its high in sugar but its the same with all natural treats,such as banana and fruits, just keep it minimal and as a variation to the diet rather than a staple food and ull be fine Mark

Back