• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Rabbits Out

Candyfloss

New Kit
Hi I'm new here, found the web site yesterday.
I have 2 netherland dwarfs who are 20 mths old.

My question is my rabbits are indoor but not house rabbits but we are going away on holiday in May and my local boarder only boards rabbits outdoors. My rabbits do go out during the day in the summer but have never spent over night outside. Do you think it will be too much of a shock for them and too cold?? :?:

In May the weather should be a lot milder. In the meantime, you could acclimatise them to cooler weather by putting them outside in the evenings during the spring. If your two bunnies are bonded they'll have each other to snuggle up to, and you can tell the boarder they'll need some extra bedding to keep them warm. Will they be kept in a shed over night? They've got lovely fur coats, and they'll be out of any drafts. I think they'll probably cope.

Thanks for replying Bertie :D

My rabbits are fine together as long as they aren't in their indoor cages, then one of them is very pretective over her space and is aggressive toward the other. Put them in the outdoor run or the carry box to go to the vets together and they are fine! So I may get the boarder to put them in the same hutch as they way they will have each other for company in a strange place and it might help with their bonding.
I have a lean-to so think i will acclimatise them in there when the weather is mild.

:p

Back