• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jack and Scampie

thanks everyone for you advice about jack sneezing

Im taking him to the vets wednesday morning as im certain it is pasteurella.

Scampie is also going to the vets as when i picked him up this evening i felt something so i looked through his fur and he has 2 funny looking scratches/scars on his back, which i think were from when he had a fight with fudge and leo at the weekend. They dont look infected, but ive never seen a bunny scab so im taking him in on weds as well, just to make sure as it looks yukkie - there's no puss, it just looks funny and white.

Got an appointment at 9.10am wed morning - Fingers crossed they will be ok - il update you when i know anything

xxx

awwww...good luck with everything! Just remember that were all here for you! I certainly have my fingers crossed for you and them! If you get a chance, give them some kisses from me!

Vets

Hi ya!

they were fine at the vets, scampie's scratches are healing well and i have been given baytrill to give to jack as was a bit snuffly - so the vet said!! He said he should be fine in 5days or so and i have to syringe feed him his meds, so think of me at about 10 tonight trying to give jack his medication :lol: :lol:

medicine

jack hates his medicine, he is so funny!!!

the first time was funny as he kept jerking his head so i had to hold his head whilst my bf held on to his body and then i shot the medicine into his mouth.
He doesn't like it at all :lol: after he will sit there and shake his head and go mad licking his lips, he hates it the poor thing.

Im off to go and do that now!!!

oh gosh sounds like you are having fun, my bugie has been poorly and has been on Baytril, at first he wasn't drinking bt he must have realised that it was making him better so then there was no stopping him he was more or less plunging his head into it and he was ver perky this morning :D :D

Back