• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why Cant We Home Our Baby Bunnies

Rspca Medway

Warren Scout
Our two baby lops were born at our centre on the 07/11/04 these are our first babies who have been born at the centre and not been snapped up. :(
We have had so many people phone up to come and view them and never turn up :cry: .

Thanks to rabbit rehome we have been rehoming our adult rabbits well, but we have our two baby lops and 3 baby english butterfly x, that arent finding homes.

I am making it my aim to try and get these a home asap. They are extremly friendly and loving and deserve a new forever home. They don't deserve to grow up in the centre, their mum and two brothers have been homed and these little cuties have been left behind

Can anyone offer them the forever home they need :?: :thumb:

ARNIEAZLAN.jpg

:love: :love: :love:

Do you have some photos Amanda, or are the baby bunnies on RR? I cannot find a picture of them, and that may help :)
Poor bunnies, I am sure the right home is out there somewhere for them :wink:

Oh I've fallen in love with Alpha!!! He is just gorgeous and would look stunning with Princess my English cross, they would make the most stunning pair!! I'm not allowed any more bunnies tho :( How come these boys are finding it so hard to get a home? I'm so tempted, if I could just sneak him past Mum's nose ....... :lol:

People think its better to adopt an older rabbit as they are less likely to get a home, which is useual true, but now all our babies are now overlooked. :(

Aww I hope these gorgeous buns get a forever home soon :D

Just wondered if you have a no-rehoming policy over the easter period - our SSPCA won't rehome bunnies in this period as people sometmes give bunnies as easter presetns to kids - I just wondered if other rescues had this policy too :?:

lol Pam

We close over the easter period and usually do not home easter week. If someone really wants a bunny they can reserve it, and collect after the easter period, our policy is if they really want it they will wait. :lol:

Rspca Medway said:
We close over the easter period and usually do not home easter week. If someone really wants a bunny they can reserve it, and collect after the easter period, our policy is if they really want it they will wait. :lol:

Yeh, I think that is a good idea - I am sure that if someone was genuine they would be prepared to wait.

Good luck with the bunnies :D

lol PAm

Amand, this is a bad time of year, ive had no calls fromjust before xmas, people just dont think about addopting in the winter do they. I know how u feel about people making appointments and noyt turnning up its the bain of my life too lol. good luck in rehoming ur babys. val

We seem to be rehoming our adults well :D . Since Christmas we have re-homed 43 rabbits, which is the most we have ever done in the first quarter of the year. This is mainly due to the increased advertising we have done on many sites and it seems to be working.

We just cant seem to home the babies :?

People seem to want to take the older rabbit that have been at the centre a long time, but they don't relize our baby lops have now been here since they were born in November :cry:

Rspca Medway said:
We seem to be rehoming our adults well :D . Since Christmas we have re-homed 43 rabbits, which is the most we have ever done in the first quarter of the year. This is mainly due to the increased advertising we have done on many sites and it seems to be working.

We just cant seem to home the babies :?

People seem to want to take the older rabbit that have been at the centre a long time, but they don't relize our baby lops have now been here since they were born in November :cry:

I called Medway yesterday and have an appointment on Saturday to bring Charlie bun to find a new friend. The lady I spoke to said that Lavendar has come back, and then theres Willow, Lilly, Tarka and Fudge.

If I'm honest I wanted an older bun (and really liked the look of Chloe but she's found a new home) simply because Charlie will be 6 in a few weeks time, so thought it was best for him. But I assume a younger bun will be easier to litter train (if they aren't already) etc. So, I don't really mind. I'm going to let Charlie choose. I have a soft spot for lops so I think lavendar is probably my favourite but if he says no to her we will move on to the others. :D The lady I spoke to said that Lavendar is v friendly which would be good as my house is quite hectic. Anyhow, if Charlie likes one of the girls he meets she will be coming home with us. :D

Btw, I will definitely turn up for my appointment - I will do my utmost to be on time but coming all the way over from Clapham that might be easier said than done! but I will definitely be there!

Now I have to frantically sort out a new cage, and buy toys and stuff that doesn't smell of Charlie and get ready for bonding. :?

Hi Bev,

Bad news, if your coming up saturday you will have to put up with me :shock: . I help do the rabbit rehomes and match ups on Saturday. Im the mad blonde, im the one who doesn't know if she coming or going and running round like a headless chicken :roll: .

Lavendar is beautiful and very affectionate when she gets to know you :) . Willow is a cross lop aswell and is simalar to Lavendar neither of them know where to put their ears, usually one up the others down or the have aeroplane ears sticking out to the side :D .

We are the quitest we have been for ages and haven't many females, but fingers crossed charlie will find a new girlfriend.

Can't wait to meet you, its always nice to put a face to someone you chat with on the forums.

See you Saturday

Rspca Medway said:
We are the quitest we have been for ages and haven't many females, but fingers crossed charlie will find a new girlfriend.

Can't wait to meet you, its always nice to put a face to someone you chat with on the forums.

See you Saturday

Hi Amanda,

Looking forward to meeting you. I'm nervous about having a new bun but starting to get excited too.

We're just a bit confused as to how you know which one he likes - do you just introduce him to one at a time and its the first one that he doens't fight with? can you tell from their body language/behaviour? I assume we introduce them in the order we like them best too?

I've never met any buns apart from Charlie and Fern, so this is going to be new for all of us! :D The lady I spoke to yesterday said she was going to call my vets for a reference so then I should be OK to bring the bunny straight home if Charlie chooses one.

Have ordered huge dog crate for new bunny condo!

see you Saturday.

Bev

We're just a bit confused as to how you know which one he likes - do you just introduce him to one at a time and its the first one that he doens't fight with? can you tell from their body language/behaviour? I assume we introduce them in the order we like them best too?

What we do is show you around the rabbits. You can then choose which rabbits you like and then we go into our consult room where the rabbits can meet in whichever order you choose. Their are many things to look out for when pairing, body languge, aggression, if they are relaxed around each other etc. Michelle our clinic manager has had 15 years+ experience of rabbits, plus is trained as a vet nurse. If all goes well and Charlie finds his new girlfriend then an adoption form is filled in and you can take your new bunny home.

If you have any questions, no matter what, even if you have to write down a list, we will try and answer them for you. There is not much Michelle doesn't know about her bunnies and we are prefer people to ask question than go away and worry on what to do, sometime people might think a stupid question is an important one. We are here to help.

See you Saturday

rspca

Amanda and michelle are very helpful and lovely people, and crazy about rabbits.

I got jack from them a few weeks ago, and my friend sandy took home 2 other rabbits aswell.

Amanda - have you got any more buns in? i remember some one saying that you were getting another 6 or 7 from another rspca as they were running out of space!!!

We took in two pairs of rabbits and 3 Guinea Pigs from Brighton Rspca 2 Angora girl that were snapped up straight away and going home Thursday and an Angora and Black Otter (Hovis & Kingsmill) that are still waiting for new homes.

These Girls got a home straight away
GingerbreadSunflower.jpg

These boys are still looking for a new home
HovisKingsmill.jpg

and this is Hig, Pig and Pooh who are also looking for homes.
HigPigPooh.jpg

I know their is more waiting to come in but its transport issues at the moment.

You wouldn't believe how empty we look compard to what we usually do

If you need help with transport its worth posting a request with the to-from details. We've organised bunnyruns to move rabbits from rescue to rescue before and they're might be someone that can help on route :)

Tam

Back