• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she wont eat pellets...

ollie

Warren Scout
Ollie went the vet last week for a pre-spaying check up. He said all-in-all she is great could do with putting on a bit of weight (which I knew) but its nothing serious. Thing is he recommended pellets, but she wont eat them, I've tried Pascoe's bunny balance, Science Selective, The Excel range and she wont touch them... at the mo she's having 'Burgess Supa Fruiti' but is selectivly feeding which I know is definatly not ideal. She has ad-lib hay.

have you tried wetting the pellets? I had a bunny once that would only eat them if you mixed them with water!!!

does she eat alot of hay Ollie :?: what else is in her diet apart from the supa fruiti and Hay :?: does she have alot of veg's :?:

If she needs to put weight on then you could lways try giving her a few spoonfuls of baby food - it worked for Pie and he loved it :D

I gave him the HiPP mixed veg for four months.

lol Pam

Supa Fruiti is probably what Beau was on when I had him - does it have dried banana and dried fruit in it? He was not keen on giving up that lovely mix up either but I started off with a handful of SS in with his mix and he got no more food (unlimited hay though) until his bowl was empty, gradually increased the SS and decreased the mix until the bowl was completely SS and he now only gets SS. I had no choice really as he came with this mix and I had no idea what it was so had to swap him over. Cruel to be kind.

Thanks all, I will try the baby food and the weetabix.

She was put on Supa Fruiti (yes its the one with banana and carrot in) but I've put her on this after trying the pellets.

She doesnt really eat much veg, she does have it, I'd say about 1/8 of a small carrot, 1/16 of a cucumber and a few celery tops, and they are never all gone by the next day.

She has as much hay as she can eat and is forever nibbling away on it.

I have tried wetting the pellets and again she just snubbed them and they were never touched...

So should I perservere and insist my baby eats her balance diet of pellets?? :?

Back