• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smurf photos

Smurf

New Kit
Here are some photos of Smurf in his new home. :)

Smurf15.jpg

Smurf14.jpg

Smurf09.jpg

Smurf03.jpg

aaawww Smurf is gorgeous, as is the pretty young lady cuddling him :D
What a lovely new home Smurf has, talk about being pampered with that lovely two tier hutch and nice big pen :)

Hooray - the lovely Smurf has a new home :D :D - and what a super home it look too :D .

Hi Donna, it was my piccies of Smurf on the RR website - I am so happy that he has found the forever home he deserves. I have to confess that it was also me who named him cause he reminded me of a wee Smurf.

It looks like he has really landed on his paws - it brings tears to my eyes to see how loved he is now :D

His coat is very soft isn't it - bet you all love stroking him.

Please keep us all posted of how you are getting on. if you need any advice etc then just ask we are always happy to help.

On behalf of Smurf himself - thanks for his new home. :thumb:

lol Pam, Pie, Mash, Twinkle & Aggie

Smurf is gorgeous and he has a super "des res" Is that your daughter...she is lovely and looks so chuft to have Smurf in her "bosie" :lol: :lol:

Hi all!

Hi everyone! I have just posted a message in "my" section on the Introductions part of the Forum. Sorry - I'm not sure how these things work so don't know if I have to put a reply on each "thread" or would I just be repeating myself unnecessarily?? Would one reply be read by everyone I'm "talking" to??

The wee poseur in the photo is my 9 year old niece, Lynette. Yes, she is proud as punch!

Pam - I love his name! I think it's a fab idea to take photos and post them on here.

Can you tell me, does Smurf need any special grooming? Lynda mentioned something in an e-mail about Rex rabbits having different needs - what would those needs be??

Bye for now
Donna
xx

Me again!

Hi Marlene! "Bosie" - a lovely Aberdonian word. Our good friends Nicola and Harry live in Cove Bay, Aberdeen so I know what "bosie" means as Nix often talks about giving her cats "bosies"! :D

Donna
xxx

I wouldnt say rexes need any special grooming,a rubber brush is quite good when having a moult (which) mine are at the moment
But they do have differnt needs to other bunnies for one rexes dont have the guard hairs which other bunnies do (which makes the rex coat) so they do feel the cold more than other buns,also because they dont have the guard hairs they are prone to sore hocks they need to be beded on a thick layer of bedding i use vet bed for mine,the other thing with rexes is there nails grow really quick so keep your eye on those
Heres some pics of my rex bunnies
Claude my blue rex
55a641facc2520e429ca9d92f4d81d7c.JPG

Lilac
300c63062309b42014ef3cdbddab8a75.JPG

Shadow
07c19669a4194183327a6e51f25ab2e6.JPG

Lilac and shadow
690d9c0a95a5419ff4b11a170d5a1b69.JPG

smuf is a stunner i breed and show mini rex and would say u would need to keep an eye on his feet as they only have a thin layer of fur on the feet and will wear away quicky if kept on hard suraces. Mine find it hard to cope in the summer as having such dence coats and cope easy in cold weather, last year i have a litter born on the coldest night of the year and mom didnt pull much fur out and survived fine. as for grooming i wet my hads slightly with water and which hazel and rub my hands backwards moving up towards head, they will need brushing around back end tummy and chest mainly but dont really need much grooming
HTH
becky

Thanx!

Hiya! Thank you so much for the advice. I smiled at the bit about the claws growing quickly as Smurf's were really long when we got him! The vet clipped them while he was in for his jag. I'll buy clippers now so we can keep on top of them.

I'll keep a close eye on his hocks and feet. We'll have to rethink the bottom of his run though as it's concrete slabs. Any ideas on what we'd be better using, bearing in mind the run isn't covered?? (Mind you, we could always cover the top of the run with his tarpaulin if the weather is "dodgy").

Awwww, "Bluebunny" your rabbits are gorgeous and "Rexy Bexy" mini rex bunnies sound really cute!!

Thanks again
Donna
xx

u could perhaps cover the bottom of the pen with lots of straw so its softer my mine some time go on the patio pens but that is about once a week as we have others on the grass. oh forgot to mencion about claws the also seem sharper than other breeds too
here is a few pic of some mini rex so u get the idea but there i lots of pics of my bunnies on my website
louis
louisthinkingwhatrulookingat.jpg

sky
skyadult.jpg

opal and kit
opalandkits.jpg

casper
casperondan.jpg

becky

Hi there!

Hi Becky! Awwwwww - your bunnies are gorgeous. Have had a look at your website too - excellent! The babies are sooooo cute.

Trying to figure out the best roof design for Smurf's outside run then we can just pile hay onto the ground for him. (We have two horses so there's an abundance of the stuff).

I checked his back feet tonight and it looks like there may have been sores in the past as there are a couple of hard, dry patches.

Hi Tree - I'm glad you like Smurf. :D

Whenever I go out to see him he runs over to have his nose stroked - what a sweetie!

Bye for now
Donna
xx

Donna, what a brilliant set up :D :D that is one very proud little girl holding Smurf :wink: :D It is sooo lovely to see these lovely buns who have been in rescues looking soooo happy in their new homes :D :D :thumb:

Back