• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Goodnight dear Jasper

Thumps

Alpha Buck
Unfortunately I had to make the awful trip with Jasper last night. She had being going downhill since last weekend and it wasn't fair to let her carry on. Her breathing was pretty bad and she wasn't eating much. I was in 2 minds on whether to take her in last night but after having to clean a huge lump of yuckky poop of her bum I let her go for a run about she didn't do much and I could see she had lost a lot of weight in the last few days. I feel guilty, it was a horrible decision to have to make as she was still eating and drinking although not a great deal of food, mainly just hay and her poops were down to the size of a Netherland Dwarfs, I know it was the right thing to do but I still very guilty about it.
Good night dear Jasper, you have a very special place in my heart, you and Oscar were the first. We lost Oscar such a long time ago and Im glad you are now both together, I know you learned to love Coco but you never loved him in the way you did Oscar, I know your at peace and happy. Binky to your hearts content and remember to get Oscar back for the time he sat on you and squashed you! Enjoy your days together and the sunshine and all that lovely grass, goodnight my dear Sweetheart.

Angela

I'm so sorry, I also just rescently lost my baby, and its not a good feeling. Our hearts are with you, ***kisses and hugs***

Love,
Leah, oliver, and baby bunny

Oh, Ange, I am so deeply sorry for your loss, I know how special Jasper was to you! :cry: But like you say she will be with her Oscar now and they will be binkying to their hearts' content, it will have been a wonderful reunion for them. I hope they say hello to my Charlie boy, he was my first too and I still think of him loads. And my darling Harriet who I know I will miss until the day I die, hanging on to the hope that we will meet again.

I know how much you must be hurting but, just think, Jasper is not hurting any more, she is happy and healthy, running in green fields in lovely sunshine. And, for this reason, you must NOT feel guilty because you did what was best for Jasper, you did the kindest thing you could do, you made the ultimate sacrifice and decided the time was right to say good-bye, no-bun could ask for more.

Big hugs to you, take care m'dear.
love
Lizzzieeeeee xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Angela my heart goes out to you, I found myself in this exact same horrible position a few weeks ago, so I understand exactly what you are going through :cry:

All I can say is that you have shown the ultimate love, as you loved Jasper enough to let her go and find peace in rabbit Heaven, and not keep her going for your own sake.
It is the hardest thing you have to do for as beloved pet, but you were there with Jasper to comfort her on the way to a new spiritual life, Jasper would want you to know how much she appreciated your being there, and giving her all your unconditional love.

We are all thinking of you, and you know where we are if you need to have a chat.
Lots of love and hugs

Adele and all the bunnies
XXX

Awwww Angela sending you a hug - its so difficult when we have to make these decisions for our much loved bunsters but although I'll bet its so painful for you right now - don't beat yourself up Gal! - I'm sure your lovely Jasper knows that you've done the right thing for him and he's now enjoying sunshine with the heavenly bunns.

Nite Nite Little Jasper.

i am so sorry for your loss, you made the right decision just remember that, sending hugs your way, take care

I am so very sad about your loss Ang, but you were a wonderful mum to Jasper and you will carry all those memories in your heart.

Jasper is now together with Oscar and will be playing happily over the bridge :D

You have such a kind heart Ang and I am really so happy that you have got Mr Biz - I hope he will give you bunny hugs and kisses and help you at this sad time.

Hugs from all the Carnoustie buns (and me)

lol Pam, Pie, Mash, Twinkle & Aggie

So very sorry Angela :cry: :cry: It has to be one of the hardest decisions to make in life but we make the decision because we love them so much, and know that they will be fit and well on the other side where they will wait for us. My heart goes out to you Angela. I know your heart is breaking but I am sure he will be snuggled up happily with Oscar :wink:

run free little Jasper bun

Thank you everyone. I hope Oscar has introduced Jasper to everyone and she has met all the other bunnies there. Hopefully this time when she seen Thumps again she won't have sunk her teeth into him!
Im not too sure everyone has seen Jasper and certainly not Oscar so thought I'd add a pic of them. We lost Oscar about 4 years ago so they were both pretty young at the time, in the pic they were only about 1 by the looks of it. :oops: I got it wrong it was Jasper who squashed Oscar not the other way round :oops:
293467744yZOSWX_ph.jpg

Angela, I am so sorry to hear about Jasper. You have done the kindest thing and she is now grateful to her Mum to be running about happily with all her friends. Thinking about you Angela and take care

heartsw.gif

Angela, I am so sorry to hear this news. It is always so difficult to make the final descision, but you did the right thing. Like my Hamish, she would only have got slowly worse and it is an act of kindness to let them go before they realy suffer. She will be happy now binkying with the spirit buns and will always remember how well you cared for her.

Binky free wee lass.

Angela

I was reading this then got your text, omg I am so sorry.

Do not for one second beat yourself up over this, I know how much you loved that bunny, we 'spoke' a few times about when the time came and how would you know - you did the right thing, you just knew it was time, being able to make the deceison is the most loving thing you can do when an animal is poorly.

Thinking of you all today, chin up.

Run free Jasper bunny, go find your friends and send mummy your love x

So sorry that you lost your bun, thing is to remember is that he will never forget you! My thoughts go out to you hen

Thumper sends his Big Bunnie Kisses x

Back