• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another "Newbie"

Smurf

New Kit
Hi all! My name is Donna and I live in Dundee, Scotland.
:D

I came across this website on my hunt for a rescue bunny just over a week ago. This is where I found out about Smurf - a white Rex boy who was resident in the SSPCA Centre in Petterden. My husband Ian and I went to see him last Saturday and brought him home. He is gorgeous - soft, velvety fur and absolutely adores having his nose stroked. Smurf now lives in my mum and dads' garden (he is a "family" rabbit who is looked after by us, my parents and my 9 year old niece) and has settled in absolutely perfectly. He is unbelievably laid back! I will take some photos of him this weekend and try to post them on here.

There were five rabbits in the centre (excluding three wild babies) looking for new homes. I wish we could have brought them all home. :cry:

In case anyone is interested, other than Smurf and Dominic (who I see has now been rehomed - yay! He is lovely) there was Mr Biz the brown and white Dutch boy on this site (very boisterous!), a really soppy black lop and a wee adorable black and white Dutch who had just arrived the day before. He'd had a rough time of it being beaten up by other bunnies and had some bad sores on his back. I can't get him out of my head and really hope there is a nice home out there for him. He could do with lots of TLC.

Donna

Hiya
I have 3 rex rabbits i love them! before i got my two rex girls i saw smurfs pic and fell in love if it hadnt of been that i live so far away i would of had him,so when lynda said he had a new home i was so pleased!!!!!
Hope he has settled in ok :) :)
I wanna see lots of pics!!!

Hi Donna :wave: and Smurf and the rest of your family :wave: :wave:

Lynda and Pam are going to be soooo pleased that you have joined the forum :thumb: :D and it will be lovely to see pictures of Smurf being with his forever family :D :D

Have fun bunny chatting :wink: :D :D

Welcome to the bunny board :wave: yeah we need to see loads of pix. It's part 2 of your membership :lol: I am kidding but it would be nice :)

Hi Donna

Welcome to the Forum :D

I am soo chuffed that you choose Smurf - he is a lovely boy and when I took his opiccy for the RR site I told him that someone would come along and give him a forever home.

Love the piccies you posted - it is wonderful to see him look so loved :D

Mr Biz has now got a new home - with Angela (Thumps) in Aberdeen.

lol Pam

welcome_018.gif

Donna and Smurf...lovely name :love: I am from Aberdeen and my husband is also Ian :lol:

Hi everyone!

Hi there! :wave: Thank you everyone for welcoming me to the Forum. It's so nice to hear from you all. :p

Smurf (I love his name too) is doing great. He was at the vet the other day for his myxi jag and had his claws clipped too then I microchipped him yesterday (don't worry, I'm a registered Microchip Implanter - took the course a while back as until very recently I bred Persian cats) and he was sooooo well-behaved.

I'd never seen a Rex rabbit before Smurf - his coat is amazing!!

He is so funny, he'd let you stroke his nose and cheeks all day long.

The wee poseur in the photos in my 9 year old niece, Lynette. She took some photos that she took herself of Smurf into school last week and proudly showed them off to all her teachers! It's her job to clean Smurf's hutch out completely every weekend. Mind you...I did it this weekend...will have to work on that one - hahaha! :roll:

I'm really pleased that Mr Biz has found a lovely, knowledgeable home. He is a gorgeous bun but was way too much for us newbies to handle - he jumped out of the SSPCA guys arms when he picked him up! :lol: So, that's three rabbits from Petterden rehomed in a week - fantastic!

Bye for now
Donna
xx

Hiya - I'm from Dundee too :wave: There's a good number of Scots on this forum now - mostly recruited by Lynda :wink: Noticed you said you had friends from Cove Bay, Aberdeen - that's where my other half was born and lived for about 10 years. Small world :wink:

Saw the picture of Smurf in the photo section - he is gorgeous. It's great he has a lovely new home :)

:D Hiya Donna, great to see you here! Smurf is a very very handsome bun and I'm so glad he found a lovely home, Santa made sure his wish came true then :wink: You'll have to come and meet Mr Frost, see if you can spot the difference.....................in fact bring Smurf with you, just to compare like :oops: ................ and we'll make sure that you erm.......... get him back again ................... honest :D :roll:

Hi Donna,

Didnt realise it was Smurf from the SSPCA you had - just saw your post on Dominic's thread. We actually met him a few months back we got Galaxy (now Coco) who is also a rex, after Pam put an appeal on for her too ! Have fun, Im away to look at your photos now... :D

Tahra

Back