• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the bunnies need your help now

Um I don't think you can call yourself Reading Rabbit Rescue as there already is one! She takes in bunnies from the RSPCA and is based in Caversham Heights. It may be better if you change your email address as people may get confused and try to contact her using your address.

http://www.rspcareadingguineapigs.co.uk/rabbits.html I can't find their direct address for some reason it doesn't show when you click the link on the above page.

After finding the link it appears she has slightly altered her name to RSPCA Rabbit Rescue since I last spoke to her so you may be ok - probably best to give her an email and ask just to be safe. She may also have some tips of setting up a rescue and the appropriate licensing needed in your area!

Caz

P.S. I used to live in Reading - whereabouts would you be basing the centre?

Good luck with setting up your rabbit Rescue :)
I would just like to say that it is incredibly hard to get Sponsorship or funding for rabbit rescues or Sanctuarie, most people have to fund them themselves to a large extent.
Even well established Rabbit Rescues often struggle to keep going, it is a constant battle just to make ends meet.

The lady in Caversham (Sandra) is a part of the RSPCA, so as long as you're not using RSPCA in your title you're ok! The site (which I maintain at the moment) is www.readingrabbits.org.uk and their email is reading_rabbits@btinternet.com.

She might be of help if you want advice, I see you also know Sue at BRR who's a great lady and I'm sure will also be able to advise you!

P.S. You've left the "my best and most loyal friend" caption floating on the home page of your site where I guess it was copied from the BRR site... so you might want to take it off cos it looks a bit odd :wink:

I see you have changed the email address to Whitley rabbit rescue - so I am guessing you will be based in Whitley ;) !

Caz

P.S. I assume they got permission to borrow BRR site template ;)

Yes, the best of luck in your venture. It is extremely difficult to stay 'small and manageable', but try if you can. For reasons other forum members may have read about I decided not to take in any more piggies or buns unless they were absolute emergencies and I believed the animals to be in danger. This Saturday I took in 6 rabbits and 9 guinea pigs that so say had not been fed/watered since the Tuesday, and this afternoon another bunny who was bullying and tormenting a guinea pig. The owner seemed incapable of splitting them up and said she had nowhere else to put one or the other, I wish I could have taken the piggie as well as I have a terrible feeling he will spend the rest of his life on his own. Sorry I have tried to give you sound advice and shot myself in the foot! Honestly good luck!

Alice

Back