• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone advertising hutch as "hamster hutch!!"

Also look at this horrible TINY hutch, how on earth is a poor rabbit supposed to see out of that pathetic mesh door - that is just plain cruel!! I wouldnt even sell it as a guinea pig hutch. Makes me mad!! :x He has put that it is 3ft wide (yeah including the roof that slopes out obviously, and it is 2 ft 9 inches high which also includes that roof). Im going to get my Husband to log onto ebay so I can e-mail this bloke, that is just plain cruel. :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63513&item=4363204448&rd=1

Kerri C said:
Could someone who is registered with e-bay please advise this seller that an outdoor hutch is not suitable for hamsters!! I am not registered with
e-bay, so I cannot do this.

This is the advert:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=301&item=4364124697&rd=1

Thanks!! :wink:

This was the guy that i had words with as he was selling the exact same hutch but a 2 level one and he was advertising it for medium to large bunnies!!! As if a french lop would fit in that!!! i wouldnt even put a nethie in there or piggies in there, and certainly not hamsters!!!! :x :x

The mini log cabin style hutch with tiny door actually has a bid on it - someone is going to buy this thing and put a rabbit in it!

bunnynurse said:
The mini log cabin style hutch with tiny door actually has a bid on it - someone is going to buy this thing and put a rabbit in it!

It makes my blood boil - how would the person selling/buying it like to be penned up in what can only be described as a "prison" where they couldnt stand up or stretch their legs or see out without lying on their side - makes me mad!! :x

I certainly wouldnt recomend putting 2 guinea pigs in it either, the minimum size I would consider acceptable would be 48 inches. I just hope no one bids on this one.

jrn1310 said:
I certainly wouldnt recomend putting 2 guinea pigs in it either, the minimum size I would consider acceptable would be 48 inches. I just hope no one bids on this one.

Someone has bid on it, and actually paid £25.00 for the privilege!! Poor little rabbit, what a horrible life it will have in that horrible cage.

Kerri C said:
Also look at this horrible TINY hutch, how on earth is a poor rabbit supposed to see out of that pathetic mesh door - that is just plain cruel!! I wouldnt even sell it as a guinea pig hutch. Makes me mad!! :x He has put that it is 3ft wide (yeah including the roof that slopes out obviously, and it is 2 ft 9 inches high which also includes that roof). Im going to get my Husband to log onto ebay so I can e-mail this bloke, that is just plain cruel. :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63513&item=4363204448&rd=1

Right I've just sent an email to the buyer of this hutch pleading with him not to use it for any rabbit and if he doesn't believe me its too small to contact his local rspca.

The bit that concerns me about the first one is the line "only used for a short time"!! What happened to the occupant? Died of boredom perhaps??

The second does look like a lab cage - I wouldn't have thought anyone would buy that for a pet :( !

Caz

Caz said:
The bit that concerns me about the first one is the line "only used for a short time"!! What happened to the occupant? Died of boredom perhaps??

The second does look like a lab cage - I wouldn't have thought anyone would buy that for a pet :( !

Caz

I totally agree, and the thing that gets me is that they've worded the metal cage advert as though the rabbit is going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy cos its got ventilation holes and its hygenic!! Some people are something else. :x

do you know, I have never brought anything from Ebay and after reading so many horrid threads on here I will never buy anything and am extremely glad I haven't in the past :?

The good or bad things with ebay are all down to the ethics and morals or the individual sellers and buyers, I buy a fair amount of things from ebay, mainly books, really it's just like the classified ad's in your newspaper or the AD-Mag and that's how I treat it,There are honest and dishonest people eveywhere, a lot of the badly listed auctions you see on ebay are down to the seller being ignorant rather than deliberately trying to mislead.

FunnyBunnyRunny said:
The good or bad things with ebay are all down to the ethics and morals or the individual sellers and buyers, I buy a fair amount of things from ebay, mainly books, really it's just like the classified ad's in your newspaper or the AD-Mag and that's how I treat it,There are honest and dishonest people eveywhere, a lot of the badly listed auctions you see on ebay are down to the seller being ignorant rather than deliberately trying to mislead.

I agree with this, my Husband buys alot of things on e-bay which have been excellent, but then there are always the people who are out to get you, and my Husband found this out last year when he paid £150.00 for something and it never turned up, and the bloke selling kept saying he hadnt received the money even though we had proof that he'd cashed our cheque!!

We contacted fraud but they wernt interested as it was such a small amount (not a small amount when its your hard-earned money!!).

Suppose its just a chance you have to take, and there will always be idiots out there who will sell these small tiny hutches, due to being ignorant, whether its on ebay or in the local newspaper. Id love to squash the advertisers up in the hutch they are selling and then ask them if they would like to spend the rest of their lives living in it. :x

But I can honestly say the good buys my Husband has had from there have far outweighed the bad - and we have saved alot of money on bits for our cars over the years.

I've seen some american breeders who keep their rabbits in cages not unlike that lab cage... I was shocked when I saw some of them... :( These are animals, not inanimate objects to be put in a cabinet and kept until ready to use.

Back