• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Some where along the line I've messed up and my bunnies are eating a mix of Russell rabbit (the mixy stuff), science selective and supa excel. Really stupid yeah!

They use to eat the Russell rabbit, but I decide to start including the science selective because I was thinking long term when Scooby is introduced properly (she gets sticky bum off dried food). The Veterinary nurse at the vets I go to kindly donated to me the supa excel as it didn't agree with her buns, so I start mixing that in the food too. Which is the best one to continue them on when all the food runs out, bearing in mind the sticky bum. The only problem I have is Bea wont touch pellets and Scobby gets a pooey bum on the RR mix.

Will Bea eat SS? Thats usually the yummier as far as buns are concerned. If you can get hold of it I'd stick to that. You may find if she isn't now that when they're isn't all the other RR bits to pick at she'll swap fairly easily.

SS has the highest fibre so is least likely to upset Scobby.

Tam

Yeah she will eat SS at a push, but she will sit and wait for me to drop the RR mix in before starting to eat, she likes to pick the bits, she is fussy. Although she eats all her hay and her Veg so she isn't too fussy I suppose.

I will get a giant sack of SS on the weekend then. Scooby is still off the dried food at the minute and wont be joining the others at meal times for a while yet because of her weight, but as all the food is running out I needed to make a decision on which I was going to continue with. I can't be doing with buying a sack of each.

Back