• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vacation boarding?

Um oops...I posted about this ages ago but have lost the thread and also the emails I exchanged with people as I stupidly cleared out my whole PM inbox in one go. :oops:

I'm going to be leaving the UK at the end of the month and will be back mid April. Exact dates are the 28th March to the 17th of April. I'm actually going to be back between the 31st of March and 4th of April, but don't want to mess the girls about too much.

I'm looking for a holiday boarding place for them, a friendly forum member offered to take them in but I've lost your email! The girls are house bunnies and I can supply their dog cage and storage cube run as well as food, litter, etc.

Anyone?

Hi Maaike,

I could take your house buns but unfortunately I live in Cambridge, so am miles away from you. We are also going on holiday in mid April (on the 11th to be exact) so that would overlap with you I think.

Have you asked Adele? She is taking our two house bunnies plus our two outdoor bunnies when we go away on holiday, plus she is a lot closer to you than I am.

Good luck!
Cathy

I could take the girls in Maaike for those dates, but we cannot get down to Bristol to collect them as we having ongoing commitments :?
If you are able to work out transport then I am happy to help :wink: :)

Hey Adele

I love the look of your bunny boarding services!! If I put on pretent bunny ears can I book myself in for a week with a T4 massage and nail trimming?? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Romy said:
Hey Adele

I love the look of your bunny boarding services!! If I put on pretent bunny ears can I book myself in for a week with a T4 massage and nail trimming?? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No Romy I could not cope with a human sized rabbit hopping around the place aswell:lol: :lol: ..but you could come and board here to do all the mucking out for a week if you like....free board and lodgings and piles of hay in return :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maaike a lot of places need a good few weeks notice to take in boarders, you're leaving it a bit late.

The main Rabbit Rehome aite has details of places that offer boarding I believe.

If you want a personal recommendation then I know Lorna at Greenfields is very good (Greenfields is listed under RR rescues in Berkshire). I personally use Bracknell Rabbit Rescue (also listed in rescues) who only take in boarders if they're not full of homeless bunnies. Both of these are around £3-4 per rabbit per night. I know that these are some distance from you but they're the only ones that I personally know are good!

Even if you'd rather use someone on the forum, you should be looking at booking them into a boarding place now just in case nobody can help you out. Just make sure you tell the place you book that you may need to cancel, as there's nothing more frustrating than people cancelling at the last minute!

Hiya Maaike

As well as the one already listed on RR there is one called Noahs Arch in Bristol who I believe board bunnies - website is noahsarchbristol.co.uk - tele: 0117 949 3346 - I don't know them so if they can help it might be worth a trip to them to do a check on their facilities and knowledge etc.

Also you could try just going through yellow pages - some catteries also do small animal boarding - be careful though as prior to me hooked on Bunnies I used to use a cattery close to Birmingham but they didn't insist on vaccination etc - so pays to be wary.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys!

I emailed everyone I could find this morning on the RR boarding pages. I started all this about a month ago, but recently life's kicked me in the teeth a little bit, so this was accidentally put on the back burner. I think it's also because I don't _really_ want to go without my girls. :(

I didn't know Noah's Arc did boarding, will give them a shout! Cheers!!!

Back