• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pet Plan

maryflynn

Warren Scout
Ive just read the thread on petplan n have a question about what it covers, i read it covers boarding for rabbits but in the same print it mentioned that when claimin u need a letter from doctors to prove u hav been hospitalised.. does this then mean the boarding cover is only for when u are ill and not when u go on holiday? Id really like it for the holiday cover myself as plan to be going away in the summer n once in the winter skiing which all adds up if u include boarding too, they offer £250 for boarding which seems really good

It's an insurance policy, so it'll only cover emergencies. If you get sick they'll pay for your pets to be looked after. A holiday is entirely voluntary, and it's up to you to sort out your own pet care.

Ah! :oops: :oops: Yes iv just spoke to my boyf n he was like "Dont be blonde.. as if insurance would pay to put up ur bun while u go skiing!" haha.. oopps, thought it was too good to be true, d'oh! :lol: :roll: :roll:

heheheheh nice thought tho eh.
Maybe you can find someone local to you and do a swap of caring for each others bunnies while u on hols.

I have a Rabbit Hotel and all rabbits boarding are covered on insurance I use Pet Plan and think they are good. I know Vets aren't supposed to recommend but said these were prob the best.

Back