• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

spayed recovery? when to excercise????

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
how long after a doe has been spayed can she get back in the garden and have a run about?

and i have been bonding her slowly with my neutered male, when after her op is it ok to put them together permantely?

thanks

If her stitches are healing well and not seeping then you should be able to put her into an enclosed run. I just ensured that Honey was kept away from the shrub border as I didn't want her jumping over branches or anything that could catch her stitches.
Re, the bonding question - a difficult one as bonds vary so much - Honey was back with Hobo the day after her op, although they were already a pair. I know that Harmony was introduced to Azlan about a week after her op but I would watch them like a hawk and if he tries to mount her or she starts frantically running around or leaping to get away from him then I would wait another few weeks. If they are happy to sniff, nip etc. then persevere.

i have had her stitches checked and and they are fine no weaping (they are also internal stitches). periously to her op they would sit fine together i think they have sorted out whos boss :lol: :lol: , but not sure if they will react the same since she has had the op, that why i have put of putting them together until after so they dont have to be split again

eve x

i have foud the sooner you put them together the better, i have 4 who all live together and have all be spayed at diffrent time and the longer i left it it get them back togeter the more the fur flew.

you may get sme chasing and aggression, this is only normal, just sit with them and they will get on with it, as long as they have enough room to get away from each other they will be fine, :)

she has never lived with him permantly, so its not really a case of putting them back together more a case on when would be the right time to put them together.

bunnylove said:
how long after a doe has been spayed can she get back in the garden and have a run about?

and i have been bonding her slowly with my neutered male, when after her op is it ok to put them together permantely?

thanks

Hi Bunnylove

Speying & bonding! the stress of it all! :lol: i have restricted my bun Billie to just hopping about in the house this week.(under supervision from me). I was told cage rest for 5 days, she just plodded around then lay there asleep. As for bonding, i'm not sure. i would probably wait till she was fully recovered if it was me . I am going to try bonding her when she's over all this.

Sarah

hi sarah i know i have had four done this week (stresssssssssssed)

when will she be full recovered? they are already bonded really just have not took the plunge yet :lol: :lol:

bunnylove said:
hi sarah i know i have had four done this week (stresssssssssssed)

when will she be full recovered? they are already bonded really just have not took the plunge yet :lol: :lol:

Four!!! :shock: I couldn't cope with that :lol: :lol:
Well i think 10 days it should all be healed up. (think she is fed up with me keep checking her) Neutering & Bonding is so stressful!!! i can't cope!
Goodluck when you take the plunge :D

Sarah

Back