• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poem

What people never see are the feelings which come from me
From the excitment they once did feel, I got the raw end of the deal
Once I was their bestest friend, but then there care it did just end
Now I want you all to see what happens to us and especially me

I still remember the day, when they scooped me up and took me away
All the hugs and kisses were a wonderful treat, they said 'ARR how lovely this one is really sweet'
They told the store owner I was the one, their voices so full of excitement and fun
So off I went to start my life anew, after some arguing they called me Hue

After spending the first night alone with out my siblings I was on my own.
But in the mornings they did come to fill my bowl and put me in my run.
Then again at the end of the day they took me out so we could play
They told me I was ever so sweet and gave me a carrot as a tasty treat
They told their friends who came to play, it was fun in the good old days.

Then one day their love was gone, and I don't know where I went wrong
I was still the same old me, a bit bigger and a little less cute maybe
I was the one they said they loved, the one they promised would get hugged
Then when on one came, to clean my cage or play a game
They were no longer there to fill my bowl so I would sit and solemnly stare
While I heard them come and go with laughter and fun the attention I once got now there is none

As I sat there all alone my bowl was empty and my tummy did groan
No one came to change my cage if I had the strength I'd be in a rage
The weather grew colder and wetter you see I guess they just lost interest in me
Then one day they came again, their faces angry as it poured with rain
They took me out on this cold rainy day put me in a box and threw me away
I managed to break free and chased after them shouting 'Hey you forget ME!'
I couldn't keep up as they drove away and I began to feel dizzy and stared to sway

I was a lucky one you see a nice kind lady did find me
She scooped me up out of the rain and told me everything was going to be ok again
She took me off to her home and made me a clean bed all of my own
And this is where I am today Bright Eyes Rescue Hip Hip Hury
This ladies name is Marie and with out her I would no longer be
I am not the only one there are 47 of us buns
Marie does her best for us gives us love and lots of fuss
While I wait here for a new home with people who will love me and not let my tummy groan.

Now what you all must see is many are not so lucky like me
Many die before they are found or put to sleep as there is no one around
So please think before you say ' I promise mummy, I'll feed him every day'

By Siobhan Learmonth, dedicated to all the Marie's in the world.

A very sad poem :cry: , but one that does credit to all those wonderful Marie's out there.

I have three happy rabbits here now who have Marie to thank for rescueing them. Strawberry, Clover, Acorn and I add our voices to Siobhan's thanking Marie :thumb: :D

That is a lovely poem Siobhan - even though it made me cry :(

It is wonderful that there are people like Marie out there to help, but it is so sad that there are many many bunnies who wait for someone like her to come along and help them.

I guess we can all just try to do our best and hope that one day the world will be sort of place where there is no need for people to run rescues becasue every animal will have a lovely forever home of its own.

lol Pam

That is so sad..I'm choked. Thank goodness for all the wonderful people like Marie who are so caring and dedicated.

Oh blimey - Just put my face on and now I've got to start again :cry: :cry: :cry:

What a lovely Poem - ek I wish we could get poster size of this and pop it in all the Pet Stores over Easter :(

Gonna give my bunsters a big munch before I go to work now :D

I have to admit, I've been going crazy buying all the lovely bunny things about now (plates, teapots, t-shirts etc). But it does worry me as it might encourage others to "impulse buy" a pet rabbit for their children without thinking it through. :(

ahhhh what a sad poem, I have always felt that animals think like this. people say I am mad for waving at dogs in the back of cars but they really love it you can tell. i mean I probably take things too far as I feel sorry for teddy bears if they are on the floor, once I went up to a group of teenagers that were dunking a big cuddly dog in a muddy puddle and took the teddy off them and told them to have some respect. i took the teddy home and washed and dried him as it made me so sad :cry:

i know this is about real animals and I really relate to a bunny thinking like this it is so sad :( i will always take care of my pets 100%

glad you all liked it, sorry I have been so busy lately with all the rabbits coming in.

I am hoping to start a big appeal, but it is hard to find the time when you have so many animals to look after.

If anyone would like to use it please do

Ratty Haven said:
glad you all liked it, sorry I have been so busy lately with all the rabbits coming in.

I am hoping to start a big appeal, but it is hard to find the time when you have so many animals to look after.

If anyone would like to use it please do

hi what sort of appeal are you going to start siobian? can we help from afar?

it is called the TLC appeal which we hope will highlight the amount of rabbits,

I have one poster at the moment which I can email to people and I am hoping to start an email campain over the coming weeks which you can all send to everyone in your address books. When I have everything sorted I will let you all know. I am a bit slow here as I spend so much time with the animals. :)

Back