PDA

View Full Version : home needed for bonded pair of lops update.

baza
02-03-2005, 02:32 PM
have finally found out how to put photos up so here are photos of my two babies. millie and bonny. im looking for a home for these two as im off to iraq in april and my husband is going there is the next couple of weeks. due to being away a lot weve decided it would be fairer the the buns if they had a forever home with people that didnt lead such manic lives. black one is called millie he is 3, ginger one is called bonny she is 5, they are litter trained and live in the house with access to the garden, i would like to try and find them a home with people that would let them live in the house. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/baza6363/Picture001.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/baza6363/buns002.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/baza6363/buns003.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/baza6363/buns005.jpg

im away for 6 months, if i cant find a forever home would anyone be willing to foster them as indoor buns? ive had an offer of an outside hutch which would be great if all else fails, but i would really like them to be able to spend time indoors cos they really like snuggling up under the radiator, and tend to shy away from the cold nights.

Kerri C
02-03-2005, 03:08 PM
They are goegeous, I really hope they find a new home soon. Wish I could help, they look so snuggly!! :D

Delphinum
02-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Whereabouts do you live? :) I'm not promising anything, but we might be able to foster if you can't find a permanent home for them.
They're gorgeous by the way! :D

baza
02-03-2005, 05:56 PM
i live in oxford, but driving them anywhere in the country is no problem. i go on april 25th :cry:

carina
02-03-2005, 08:29 PM
aww they are lovely. I'm sorry I can't offer anything more ( i'm still living with my parents and my dad doesn't like the idea of having any more rabbits living in the house)

I hope that you can find someone who will give them the home that they need

awwwwwww they are so lovely :D

Delphinum
03-03-2005, 12:17 AM
We're in north Notts, so if you don't come up with a solution before you're ready to go, let me know. :D
*thinks of a way to break this to the OH* :wink: He loves babbits too, so he'll be a good daddy to them whilst you're away. You must be heartbroken to leave them! :cry:

Delphinum
03-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh I'll give you some info on us... Can't have you just giving your rabbits to anyone... :lol:
We have 7 indoor rabbits just now. Buck and doe which are going to be bonded once the buck is neutered, though Max, my doe, is quite aggressive so she may have to be done too, before I put them together permanently. They have 5 kits out of a litter of 6, one little doe, Esme, crawled out of the nest and didn't make it back in. It was too late for me to save her, despite my efforts to warm her. :cry: The frolicking 5 are 2 months old now and 3, hopefully, have homes to go to.
:D

baza
03-03-2005, 07:56 PM
If i cant find them a forever home that would be fantastic. :lol: i go on april 25th and im due back on december 16th. we dont know when my husband is going to be back and im unlikely to be able to find out until i get back in december, cos hes going to a different part of iraq than me, so im not going to be able to have any contact with him while we are away :cry:

Delphinum
03-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh you poor thing! That'd be so hard to be apart from him, but to have no contact is even worse!! :cry:
Well, good luck finding a permanent home, and pm me if you need a foster mummy for your gorgeous lil lops! :D I wish we could keep them permanently but I don't know for definate what's happening with my kits, so it'd be difficult, an unfair, to say we could keep them forever. :(
Ang xx

SOAD
04-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Hiya, I can't help sorry, they do look beautiful, bot just wanted to say good luck to you and your husband in Iraq.

baza
04-03-2005, 04:00 PM
thanx tree xxx :wink:

Denny
05-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Any interest yet Baza :?:

like your pink sheep pj's :lol: :lol:

Diddeen
05-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Baza.. one of your photos in the first post didnt show up.. the last one. Just edit the post and add a ] at the end of it then it will show.
Hope you find them a home soon. Did you also put them onto RabbitRehome? If not the link is at the top right of this page.

baza
06-03-2005, 12:31 PM
thanx, it took me half an hour to find the edit button. :shock: i havent managed to find a forever home for my babies, but my computer skills have come on leaps and bounds :lol:

baza
06-03-2005, 01:04 PM
dideen, i have pm'd you (i think.................you know what my computer skills are like :shock:) if you still need help transporting bluey im yur gal !!! im travelling from oxford to essex on sat, so i dont mind driving to bristol to pick her up (not to far from oxford) and we could meet in cambridge, if cambridge is to much of a struggle for you to get to, ill bring her to norwich for you. :wink:

Denny
07-03-2005, 12:11 AM
thanx, it took me half an hour to find the edit button. :shock: i havent managed to find a forever home for my babies, but my computer skills have come on leaps and bounds :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your learning well :thumb: and quicker than most of us managed when we first joined :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do Millie and Bonny have a hutch inside Baza :?: or are they free range :?:

BubbleBee
07-03-2005, 01:00 AM
If I fosterd them for you untill you got back, would you take them back? When you came home? And I respect what you guys do over there. I would want to be a apache pilot, if I could. But Im gonna be a vet :D so anyway, any more details? Were moving to a farm soon and I would ask my parents if i could take in more bunnies. I have 2 netherland dwarfs. There a little mean right now, with the hormones and all, but we'll get em spayed this summer. And also, I see their both of different gender. Are they fixed? I wouldn't want any enexpected litters.But i would be more than happy to help out. :wink:

luvabun
07-03-2005, 06:55 AM
If I fosterd them for you untill you got back, would you take them back? When you came home? And I respect what you guys do over there. I would want to be a apache pilot, if I could. But Im gonna be a vet :D so anyway, any more details? Were moving to a farm soon and I would ask my parents if i could take in more bunnies. I have 2 netherland dwarfs. There a little mean right now, with the hormones and all, but we'll get em spayed this summer. And also, I see their both of different gender. Are they fixed? I wouldn't want any enexpected litters.But i would be more than happy to help out. :wink: Thats very nice of you to offer but these two adorable bunnies are in the UK. P.S. Good luck with your future career.

BubbleBee
07-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Alright then, np

Thanks anyway :D

baza
07-03-2005, 08:23 PM
thanx for the offer anyway bubble bee. At first i thought a foster home was unfair on my bunnys but now im really warming to the idea, it would be lovely to come back from iraq to my bunnys, the house just wouldnt feel the same without them, i just cant decide if its in their best interest to find them a forever home. 6 months is a long time to be away from them, but would it do them that much harm to be in a different enviroment for 6 months, and then to come back home????????? :?

Tamsin
07-03-2005, 08:30 PM
What are they like? If they are very nervous rabbits that are warry of new situations then it might be better for them to have a home to settle into long term. If they are quite out going and not easily stressed then a foster home may not bother them at all.

I think spending 6 months somewhere is no more stressful than sending buns off for a two week holiday at a boarder.

You'd need to find a very good foster though as unlike shorter term holidays they would need the amount of space and attention they would get in a ormal home situation. You'd also need to have a written agreement on vet care and what should happen if they were ill or in the worst case needing putting to sleep. Especially as (persumably) it would be difficult to get intouch with you?

I know Adele does quite a bit of long term fostering for various people that are away for long periods so perhaps she can shed abit of light on how the bunnies feel about it.

Tam

Adele
07-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Hiya, I would be happy to foster the bunnies for six months if you need me :wink:
I offer short term boarding but prefer the longer term boarding as I can really get to know and spend lots of time with the bunnies.
I set the bunnies up here as they are housed at home, this is the key to bunnies settling in well and not being upset with a move.
It is not the length of boarding duration that unsettles a bunny, but how they are transported, settled in here, and the ongoing care they receive.
To tell you the truth, I think the rabbits actually enjoy a change of home and scene for a while, but they remember their owners when they return, and slip easily back into their routine at home.
I have several rabbits boarding here for 9 months plus whilst their owners are abroad, and another for 6 months. It is great as they become part of our family for this time, and then come back to their proper Bunny Mummy later on. :)
If I can help at all, please do not hesitate to PM me,
Best wishes
Adele

baza
07-03-2005, 08:42 PM
hi denny, they have an indoor cage but they just use it as a litter tray, they dont spend any time in it other than to go to the loo. i have a large dog pen/cage that i have filled with cushions and news paper for them to destroy,play or go burrowing in, they do spend quite a bit of time in there, but theyv never been locked in it. they sulk when ive tried to in the past, in fact millie actually turns his nose up at me and stamps his feet. (typical male :lol: )

baza
07-03-2005, 08:59 PM
hi adele, would they be indoors?? would they be able to run around???

Denny
08-03-2005, 02:00 PM
in fact millie actually turns his nose up at me and stamps his feet. (typical male :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: mischieveous and stroppy :lol: :lol: I like it :lol: 8) :D dont they just have lovely little personalities :D :D

BirdieBun
08-03-2005, 02:09 PM
good luck with everything Baza :D

Denny
13-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Hi Baza

Have you had any luck yet or are you split between fostering them out for 6 months or finding a new home :?:

just thought I would bump this up abit too :wink:

BinkyBun
13-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Is anybody able to give these lovely little bunnies a loving foster home or forever home where they get lots of love and attention?? I wish I could as they look so lovely xxxxxxxxxxx :wink: :D

baza
14-03-2005, 04:35 PM
hi guys, yes im gonna give it another week to find a forever home, getting quite desperate now as time is running out. have had an offer from someone local, but its by someone thats never had house bunnys and they live in a 'showroom type' house, and they are terribly proud of the garden, its got lots of lovely coloured flowers in, that i just know my two would have a feast on given half the chance :oops:
I have a feeling they would get sick of millie and bonnie in quite a short space of time, so i dont think this particular forever home is an option.
SO IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT WANTS TO ADOPT TWO ABSOLUTELY SMASHING, CUDDELY, CUTE,NOSEY,CHEEKY LITTLE CHAPPIES, THEN PLEASE GET IN TOUCH!!!! :lol:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/baza6363/Picture001.jpg

aaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh cumon, you know you wonna!!!!

elaine
14-03-2005, 05:59 PM
why not let them go to adele for this time and see how it goes when you come back

Elaine

baza
14-03-2005, 08:29 PM
i think thats what i will end up doing, im just feeling like im not giving them the best life cos when i get back from iraq in novemeber, im home for christmas then have to go away again for 3 months, theres a good chance my hubby will be around to look after them for that 3 months, but its not 100%. which would mean them getting fostered again. but if its the only option then so be it :( .......... poor bunnys, i feel such a bad mummy. They love human company.........bless em :)

Adele
14-03-2005, 08:43 PM
We are flexible here, we can keep the bunnies here for as long as you need us to help.
They will be kept as house rabbits and can run around indoors, no problem, we do not keep bunnies hutched up, dont worry.
:wink: :) I am here all day, so they will get lots of attention and snuggles :)

bunnylove
15-03-2005, 07:19 PM
hi there baza may have some good news for you MARK from the forum is interested in your buns but had trouble pming you, so i have pmed you instead,

give them a shout!!!

goodluck

eve x

Denny
16-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Is Mark taking on these beautiful bunsters :?: or are you still looking Baza :?:

baza
16-03-2005, 10:28 PM
yes mark and shell are going to give millie and bonnie a forever home, im taking them over there on the 2nd april, have spoken to mark.............. wow.............hes so nice,i started bawling my eyes out and he was so sweet. i might go round there in a bunny suit and see if they will give me a foreverhome :D

gosh its going to be hard, a lot of tears are going to be shed between now and then :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Denny
16-03-2005, 10:41 PM
awwwww Jo, glad your bunnies have foundtheir forever home and dont forget you are still a member on here and can catch up with them when ever you get chance :wink: I am sure Shell and Mark will be posting loads of piccy especially for you :wink: :D

Mark and Shell
16-03-2005, 10:50 PM
We will be posting loads of pics :D :D :D (I will probably get told off my Adele for posting too many :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are going to make a photo album of their adventures and send it out to you (Jo) so that you can always keep up with what they get up to.
You are always welcome to come and see them whenever you are home.

I am soooooooo excited, I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mark and Shell
16-03-2005, 10:52 PM
And thankyou so much Eve for getting in contact with Jo for us. :D :D :D

Diddeen
16-03-2005, 11:10 PM
aaaaaaaawwwwww thats fab news!!! So pleased that they have found a new home.

Delphinum
16-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Aw that's great news! I'm glad you found them a forever home! :D

BinkyBun
17-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Thats fantastic news!!!! I'm so happy for you Jo! I know its going to be really hard but you know they are going to a great home and you can see pics of them wherever you are. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

pojperry
17-03-2005, 12:13 AM
:wink:

bunnylove
17-03-2005, 08:43 AM
And thankyou so much Eve for getting in contact with Jo for us. :D :D :D

your very welcome mark and shell, with all these buns your getting, i better make an excuse and say i need to to do a home check on behalf of Jo and come round and check you guys out!! :lol: :lol:

great stuff!!

Eve x

Adele
17-03-2005, 09:50 AM
That is brilliant news :D

BirdieBun
17-03-2005, 12:20 PM
excellent news...........they are 2 beautiful bunnies and I am so glad they have got the forever home they deserve..........we will all be here for you Baza when the time comes to say goodbye to your buns........you must be pleased too though as you did want a forever home rather than fostering them :wink:

aliceechamberlain
17-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Jo, I am so delighted that you have found your buns such a brilliant home. You are such a great bunny person and I thank you for your help,

Love Alice x x x x

Mark and Shell
18-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Well I've just finished decorating the room for Millie and Bonnie, buying loads of things for them tomorrow, been shopping at The Willow Warren as well. :D

I wonder if they like listening to the radio :idea: :idea: :idea: :D

I am like a kid at christmas, roll on Sunday. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

kimbun's mum
18-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Hi Baza

Glad they have found new homes - I just wondered are Millie and Bonnie the same bunnies as "pojperry" had in January.

It is just that they were rehoming a chinchilla-lop baby bunny (baby-boo) as it did not get on with their older two called Millie and Betty-boo.

"pojperry" is in the military and stay in Oxford too.

If so what happened to baby-boo? I Bonnie "Betty -boo"

or is it just a co-incidence :wink:

lol Pam

bunnylove
19-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Well I've just finished decorating the room for Millie and Bonnie, buying loads of things for them tomorrow, been shopping at The Willow Warren as well. :D

I wonder if they like listening to the radio :idea: :idea: :idea: :D

I am like a kid at christmas, roll on Sunday. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

arh mark and shell, thats great stuff! i am excited for u, i know how exciting it is getting a new bun and your getting 2, good luck with the new buns and i will be down shortly to do that home check :lol: :lol:

Eve x

baza
19-03-2005, 11:19 AM
hi, its the last day that they are with me, as they are going to their forever home tomorow. i think that they know summat is happening as they are following me around more than normal. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rosie Lee
19-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Hope all goes well tomorrow for you. Will be thinking of you all, you are true rabbit lover, you have their best interests at heart.
Good luck to both you & hubby on your tour of duty.

Rosex

BinkyBun
20-03-2005, 01:42 AM
hi, its the last day that they are with me, as they are going to their forever home tomorow. i think that they know summat is happening as they are following me around more than normal. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oooh Baza you are a lovely bunny mummy and doing the best thing for your bunnies. It will be hard but at least you know how happy and well looked after they will be at Mark's. Thank you again for bringing Bridget to me - she sends love and licks. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mark and Shell
20-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Well millie and bonnie are here and we have left them to explore their new home. They are absolutley gorgeous and we love them already. Millie knows something is very different and is quite nervy at the moment but bonnie is crashed out sleeping and not too bothered. Can't wait to get to know them more and hope they love us as much as they did Jo and John.

Maaike_Butter
20-03-2005, 03:01 PM
It's great they've got a wonderful new home.

Diddeen
20-03-2005, 04:24 PM
aaww glad they have arrived to you safely. Im sure they will settle in soon and then we want more piccys of these two cuddly bunnies :D

Take care Baza.. hope you get to visit them when u come back to england again. :)

baza
20-03-2005, 09:19 PM
gosh what a day!!!!! my eyes wont stop crying, there doesnt seem to be anything i can do about it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: the place seems empty. its amazing how 2 balls of fluff can have such a major roll in our mad lives. mark and shell were lovely, and totally sympathetic when me and my husband both arrived bawling our eyes out :cry: theyve got a great home for the bunnies to settle and be happy in. Thank god for internet so we can keep in touch :cry: :cry: :cry:

kimbun's mum
20-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Hi Glad the bunnies have new homes - but I just wondered if someone could maybe clarify my earlier point please.

lol Pam

Mark and Shell
20-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi Glad the bunnies have new homes - but I just wondered if someone could maybe clarify my earlier point please.

lol Pam

What earlier point was that Pam ?

baza
21-03-2005, 02:07 PM
i pm'd you a couple of days ago pam :lol:.

aliceechamberlain
21-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Congratulations to the new parents, these bunnies sound beautiful! Jo you are such a special bunny mum doing the best things for your buns even though it hurts soo much. Alice

Marlene
22-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Gosh...I have just read all this post and I am enthralled...what a lovely happy ending for two very beautiful babies

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Marlene_154/smileykiss.gif