• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

home needed for bonded pair of lops update.

baza

Young Bun
have finally found out how to put photos up so here are photos of my two babies. millie and bonny. im looking for a home for these two as im off to iraq in april and my husband is going there is the next couple of weeks. due to being away a lot weve decided it would be fairer the the buns if they had a forever home with people that didnt lead such manic lives. black one is called millie he is 3, ginger one is called bonny she is 5, they are litter trained and live in the house with access to the garden, i would like to try and find them a home with people that would let them live in the house.
Picture001.jpg

buns002.jpg

buns003.jpg

buns005.jpg

im away for 6 months, if i cant find a forever home would anyone be willing to foster them as indoor buns? ive had an offer of an outside hutch which would be great if all else fails, but i would really like them to be able to spend time indoors cos they really like snuggling up under the radiator, and tend to shy away from the cold nights.

They are goegeous, I really hope they find a new home soon. Wish I could help, they look so snuggly!! :D

Whereabouts do you live? :) I'm not promising anything, but we might be able to foster if you can't find a permanent home for them.
They're gorgeous by the way! :D

i live in oxford, but driving them anywhere in the country is no problem. i go on april 25th :cry:

aww they are lovely. I'm sorry I can't offer anything more ( i'm still living with my parents and my dad doesn't like the idea of having any more rabbits living in the house)

I hope that you can find someone who will give them the home that they need

awwwwwww they are so lovely :D

We're in north Notts, so if you don't come up with a solution before you're ready to go, let me know. :D
*thinks of a way to break this to the OH* :wink: He loves babbits too, so he'll be a good daddy to them whilst you're away. You must be heartbroken to leave them! :cry:

Oh I'll give you some info on us... Can't have you just giving your rabbits to anyone... :lol:
We have 7 indoor rabbits just now. Buck and doe which are going to be bonded once the buck is neutered, though Max, my doe, is quite aggressive so she may have to be done too, before I put them together permanently. They have 5 kits out of a litter of 6, one little doe, Esme, crawled out of the nest and didn't make it back in. It was too late for me to save her, despite my efforts to warm her. :cry: The frolicking 5 are 2 months old now and 3, hopefully, have homes to go to.
:D

If i cant find them a forever home that would be fantastic. :lol: i go on april 25th and im due back on december 16th. we dont know when my husband is going to be back and im unlikely to be able to find out until i get back in december, cos hes going to a different part of iraq than me, so im not going to be able to have any contact with him while we are away :cry:

Oh you poor thing! That'd be so hard to be apart from him, but to have no contact is even worse!! :cry:
Well, good luck finding a permanent home, and pm me if you need a foster mummy for your gorgeous lil lops! :D I wish we could keep them permanently but I don't know for definate what's happening with my kits, so it'd be difficult, an unfair, to say we could keep them forever. :(
Ang xx

Hiya, I can't help sorry, they do look beautiful, bot just wanted to say good luck to you and your husband in Iraq.

Baza.. one of your photos in the first post didnt show up.. the last one. Just edit the post and add a ] at the end of it then it will show.
Hope you find them a home soon. Did you also put them onto RabbitRehome? If not the link is at the top right of this page.

thanx, it took me half an hour to find the edit button. :shock: i havent managed to find a forever home for my babies, but my computer skills have come on leaps and bounds :lol:

dideen, i have pm'd you (i think.................you know what my computer skills are like :shock:) if you still need help transporting bluey im yur gal !!! im travelling from oxford to essex on sat, so i dont mind driving to bristol to pick her up (not to far from oxford) and we could meet in cambridge, if cambridge is to much of a struggle for you to get to, ill bring her to norwich for you. :wink:

baza said:
thanx, it took me half an hour to find the edit button. :shock: i havent managed to find a forever home for my babies, but my computer skills have come on leaps and bounds :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your learning well :thumb: and quicker than most of us managed when we first joined :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do Millie and Bonny have a hutch inside Baza :?: or are they free range :?:

If I fosterd them for you untill you got back, would you take them back? When you came home? And I respect what you guys do over there. I would want to be a apache pilot, if I could. But Im gonna be a vet :D so anyway, any more details? Were moving to a farm soon and I would ask my parents if i could take in more bunnies. I have 2 netherland dwarfs. There a little mean right now, with the hormones and all, but we'll get em spayed this summer. And also, I see their both of different gender. Are they fixed? I wouldn't want any enexpected litters.But i would be more than happy to help out. :wink:

BubbleBee said:
If I fosterd them for you untill you got back, would you take them back? When you came home? And I respect what you guys do over there. I would want to be a apache pilot, if I could. But Im gonna be a vet :D so anyway, any more details? Were moving to a farm soon and I would ask my parents if i could take in more bunnies. I have 2 netherland dwarfs. There a little mean right now, with the hormones and all, but we'll get em spayed this summer. And also, I see their both of different gender. Are they fixed? I wouldn't want any enexpected litters.But i would be more than happy to help out. :wink:
Thats very nice of you to offer but these two adorable bunnies are in the UK. P.S. Good luck with your future career.

thanx for the offer anyway bubble bee. At first i thought a foster home was unfair on my bunnys but now im really warming to the idea, it would be lovely to come back from iraq to my bunnys, the house just wouldnt feel the same without them, i just cant decide if its in their best interest to find them a forever home. 6 months is a long time to be away from them, but would it do them that much harm to be in a different enviroment for 6 months, and then to come back home????????? :?

Back