• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French lop wanted....UPDATE BRIDGET FOUND!!!

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I just phoned RSPCA Medway in Kent but was advised that I should only really pair Darcy up with another Frenchie or large breed as when he gets bigger he might roll over and hurt the small/medium bunny.

Please can everyone let me know if a Frenchie or large bunny is in need of a home!! Must be nearby to me as I would want to do a blind date first rather than just move a bunny straight in.

Thank you!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:D

I'm in London - I can travel by train to most places but obviously not too far away as not fair to put Darcy through a long journey for a his dates!! xxxxxxx

We've found a Bridget!!!! Lovely Alice Chamberlain just phoned me to say she has a big girlie French Lop that needs a boyf and a loving home!!! Jane is going to be brining her down in about 10 days I think!! eek!! :D

Am dead excited and very very nervous now!!! Can't wait to tell Darcy!! We're hoping she tells him how good he's got it too!! :lol: :lol:

Any advice on bonding and cleaning overweight bunny bottys please let me know!!!! :shock: :D :D

romy put there cages close to each other and just let them get used to each other smells, but dont rush the bonding thing, the longer you leave them to get used to each other but the time you put them together to start the bonding thing, they will have thought they had known each other for ages, and hopefully the bonding will be more sucessful...

eve x

No, its not Lillian. Lillian is a wee bit aggressive with other bunnies. This girlie is called Bugs (will definately change that!!) she is a two year old obese girl French lop/giant. She has had a very sad life. She was left in her hutch in the garden with just a handful of hay and russell rabbit :cry: Never let out and when it was cold/snowing they just covered her whole hutch with a plastic sheet so she couldn't even see outside... :cry: :cry:

Am soooo excited and sooooo nervous now!! I was going to wait till I could blind dates rather than move a bunny in, but when Alice told me her story I just couldn't say no.

bunnylove said:
romy put there cages close to each other and just let them get used to each other smells, but dont rush the bonding thing, the longer you leave them to get used to each other but the time you put them together to start the bonding thing, they will have thought they had known each other for ages, and hopefully the bonding will be more sucessful...

eve x

Thanks Bunnylove. Yes I will do that - good advice. I'm going to take it very very slowly. As this bun is obese and 2 years old she will be a lot bigger than Darcy so very dangerous if she tried to mount him or something!!! She also hasn't been spayed so I may just not let them out together until after she has had that done. Apparently she is not agressive as you would expect for an unspayed bun - fingers crossed!!

Romy said:
bunnylove said:

eve x

Thanks Bunnylove. Yes I will do that - good advice. I'm going to take it very very slowly. As this bun is obese and 2 years old she will be a lot bigger than Darcy so very dangerous if she tried to mount him or something!!! She also hasn't been spayed so I may just not let them out together until after she has had that done. Apparently she is not agressive as you would expect for an unspayed bun - fingers crossed!!
good idea romy you may be able to quarentine her in the bathroom as well to be safe!!!!

She sounds lovely!! Hope they are very happy together!

Not all unspayed girlies are aggressive!! I've got two unspayed girls, one of nearly 6 and the other 1 and a half and they are the loveliest rabbits, not one nasty bone in their body! :)

Nicola

oh thats brilliant news, I'm all excited and its not my rabbit!! :D

Can't wait to see Bridget and Darcy together, good luck with the bonding. Hope it all goes well.

Betty :love:

Hiya Romy,

I think I may of dreamt it, I have just search everywhere and I can't find her, bur reacently I have seen a greyish frensh lop female very, very overweight but cute. Maybe it wasn't her.

Aahhhh!! Tree you're funny!! :lol: :lol:

I'm really excited about her coming now. I was really nervous for a bit wondering whether I would be good enough experience wise but then if I have real problems I can just check out with you guys here for advice and Alice has been fantastic with tips etc. I'm not even dreading cleaning her bum now - the rabbit's that is not Alice's!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm imagining her as a massive version of your rabbit cartoon thingey eating a carrot!!!! xxxx :wink:

Back