PDA

View Full Version : French lop wanted....UPDATE BRIDGET FOUND!!!

BinkyBun
02-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I just phoned RSPCA Medway in Kent but was advised that I should only really pair Darcy up with another Frenchie or large breed as when he gets bigger he might roll over and hurt the small/medium bunny.

Please can everyone let me know if a Frenchie or large bunny is in need of a home!! Must be nearby to me as I would want to do a blind date first rather than just move a bunny straight in.

Thank you!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:D

bluebunny
02-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Where abouts are you?

BinkyBun
02-03-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm in London - I can travel by train to most places but obviously not too far away as not fair to put Darcy through a long journey for a his dates!! xxxxxxx

Towsbuns
02-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Is Darcy neutered? If not that may be a good idea before you try to bond him.

BinkyBun
02-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Yes Darcy is neutured (last November) and is all up to date with his jabs! xxxx :D

BinkyBun
02-03-2005, 01:32 PM
We've found a Bridget!!!! Lovely Alice Chamberlain just phoned me to say she has a big girlie French Lop that needs a boyf and a loving home!!! Jane is going to be brining her down in about 10 days I think!! eek!! :D

Am dead excited and very very nervous now!!! Can't wait to tell Darcy!! We're hoping she tells him how good he's got it too!! :lol: :lol:

Any advice on bonding and cleaning overweight bunny bottys please let me know!!!! :shock: :D :D

Towsbuns
02-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Is it Lilian? She sounds gorgeous.

bunnylove
02-03-2005, 01:41 PM
romy put there cages close to each other and just let them get used to each other smells, but dont rush the bonding thing, the longer you leave them to get used to each other but the time you put them together to start the bonding thing, they will have thought they had known each other for ages, and hopefully the bonding will be more sucessful...

eve x

BinkyBun
02-03-2005, 01:44 PM
No, its not Lillian. Lillian is a wee bit aggressive with other bunnies. This girlie is called Bugs (will definately change that!!) she is a two year old obese girl French lop/giant. She has had a very sad life. She was left in her hutch in the garden with just a handful of hay and russell rabbit :cry: Never let out and when it was cold/snowing they just covered her whole hutch with a plastic sheet so she couldn't even see outside... :cry: :cry:

Am soooo excited and sooooo nervous now!! I was going to wait till I could blind dates rather than move a bunny in, but when Alice told me her story I just couldn't say no.

BinkyBun
02-03-2005, 01:47 PM
romy put there cages close to each other and just let them get used to each other smells, but dont rush the bonding thing, the longer you leave them to get used to each other but the time you put them together to start the bonding thing, they will have thought they had known each other for ages, and hopefully the bonding will be more sucessful...

eve x

Thanks Bunnylove. Yes I will do that - good advice. I'm going to take it very very slowly. As this bun is obese and 2 years old she will be a lot bigger than Darcy so very dangerous if she tried to mount him or something!!! She also hasn't been spayed so I may just not let them out together until after she has had that done. Apparently she is not agressive as you would expect for an unspayed bun - fingers crossed!!

Towsbuns
02-03-2005, 01:50 PM
We need piccies as soon as you have them!!!

bunnytales
02-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Awww Great News - I'm so pleased for you and the lovely Darcy.

Keep us posted and pickies sooooooooon please.

bunnylove
02-03-2005, 04:17 PM

eve x

Thanks Bunnylove. Yes I will do that - good advice. I'm going to take it very very slowly. As this bun is obese and 2 years old she will be a lot bigger than Darcy so very dangerous if she tried to mount him or something!!! She also hasn't been spayed so I may just not let them out together until after she has had that done. Apparently she is not agressive as you would expect for an unspayed bun - fingers crossed!!

good idea romy you may be able to quarentine her in the bathroom as well to be safe!!!!

BinkyBun
02-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I don't think so - my bathroom is tiny!!!! :lol:

nicolar
02-03-2005, 06:03 PM
She sounds lovely!! Hope they are very happy together!

Not all unspayed girlies are aggressive!! I've got two unspayed girls, one of nearly 6 and the other 1 and a half and they are the loveliest rabbits, not one nasty bone in their body! :)

Nicola

SOAD
02-03-2005, 06:25 PM
I think I have seen her, she's lovely.

Betty
02-03-2005, 07:22 PM
oh thats brilliant news, I'm all excited and its not my rabbit!! :D

Can't wait to see Bridget and Darcy together, good luck with the bonding. Hope it all goes well.

Betty :love:

BinkyBun
02-03-2005, 08:02 PM
I think I have seen her, she's lovely.

Really!!!! Oooh tel tell tell!! Was she friendly? xxxxxx

SOAD
03-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Hiya Romy,

I think I may of dreamt it, I have just search everywhere and I can't find her, bur reacently I have seen a greyish frensh lop female very, very overweight but cute. Maybe it wasn't her.

BinkyBun
03-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Aahhhh!! Tree you're funny!! :lol: :lol:

I'm really excited about her coming now. I was really nervous for a bit wondering whether I would be good enough experience wise but then if I have real problems I can just check out with you guys here for advice and Alice has been fantastic with tips etc. I'm not even dreading cleaning her bum now - the rabbit's that is not Alice's!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm imagining her as a massive version of your rabbit cartoon thingey eating a carrot!!!! xxxx :wink:

SOAD
03-03-2005, 04:35 PM
:lol: :lol:

SOAD
03-03-2005, 04:54 PM
I am getting confused with this one, he isn't a she and he isn't even a french lop. :roll: I get confused so easily think I mixed them up, becaause he is similar to one called lugs and lugs sound like bugs. Oh well soz about that, :?

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/images/thumb_rabbit_2135.jpg

BinkyBun
03-03-2005, 04:56 PM
I am getting confused with this one, he isn't a she and he isn't even a french lop. :roll: I get confused so easily think I mixed them up, becaause he is similar to one called lugs and lugs sound like bugs. Oh well soz about that, :?

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/images/thumb_rabbit_2135.jpg

Ahhhh no thats SidneySuperBun!!! I've been looking at him too! He's a cutie!! I know Lugs as well - I had my eye on that one t0o but think Lugs now has gone to a new home. Lugs' ears were wonky cos the previous owner used to pick him up by them!! :cry:

Betty
03-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Lugs' ears were wonky cos the previous owner used to pick him up by them!!

You are joking :cry: , really and truely some moron picked a rabbit up by its ears!! That beyond belief

Betty

bunnylove
03-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Lugs' ears were wonky cos the previous owner used to pick him up by them!!

You are joking :cry: , really and truely some moron picked a rabbit up by its ears!! That beyond belief

Betty

you would not believe what some people will do :cry: :cry:

romy we need pictures as soon as you get her. i know you will and say hello to the lovely alice for me

eve x

aliceechamberlain
07-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Hey you chaps and chapesses our computer has been ill for 10 days so I am delighted to get back on and read this thread! Romy, I think Bridget is a lovely name, she is a lonely singleton and I guess she needs big pants!
Her bunny bottom problem appears to have cleared up, I haven't needed to clean her since she first came in. This bun is so, so gorgeous and I am over the moon she is going to such a wonderful bunny manic forever home! She is a real gentle giant, poor love does need to lose a bit of weight, well quite a bit of weight. I am putting her in a run each day as I can't bear to remember her being cooped up all that time, her previous owners were well meaning but had no idea that a bun needs exercise, both mental and physical, and keeping her well away from most of the other buns, only trouble is my free range giant lop, Gulliver, always has an eye for the girlies so he does make a habit of bunny chatting. She is going for a vet check and her VHD vacc'y but I don't foresee any health problems, all she needs is a chance to exercise her bunny brilliance and her bunny heart!
She is such a cuddlebun, I pick her up each day and she loves to be cuddled and stroked. I said to Romy she is always looking out of her hutch for attention, although living here is by no means providing enough for her needs she has already perked up. The first time I went to see her, really to check the situation out, she was so depressed and when her previous owner called to me from the back door to put the black plastic sheet back over her hutch I nearly cried. I didn't have the room to fit her in for 5 days so I was so glad to get her here!
I know she will adore Romy and Mr Darcy, she will think she has reached heaven!

Alice

Kerri C
07-03-2005, 04:59 PM
AWW Romy - she will be so loved at your place - poor thing being covered by a black plastic bag. She will not believe her luck when she goes home with you!! I said on another thread, cant believe she's called Bridget - my obese lop that I got from the rescue centre nr me was originally called Bridget!! I re-named her Phoebe though - she just wasnt a Bridget!! :lol:

BinkyBun
08-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Aaahhhh thank you so much Alice and Kerri!! :oops: I certainly hope that she will be happy here!! I'm expecting some mini sulks from Darcy at first but I'm sure he'll enjoy the rabbiting chats quickly enough!!

I was just telling Alice on the phone that when I first adopted Darcy I bought him a lovely big padded doggy bed with throw and cushion which he totally ignores apart from an odd chew on its corner. I think Bridget will appreciate it though so am going to put it in her pen for her to relax in with a little teddy bear. :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BirdieBun
08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
ahhh you have it all planned out already, I bet you will get his & hers matching bowls etc :lol: :lol: