• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

hormone serge???

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
plesae help i am fed up, as some of you probably now i had my three bucks and my doe neutered/spay yesterday, and its been a rollercoaster ride thats for sure.
:shock: :shock:

you will be please to know my doe has now started eating again well her vegs anyway, but its a start.

but my boys are driving me up the wall... they are outside buns but i have them in at the moment, to recover. they have now meet kymber which is making them want to breed :shock: :shock:

they are 4 months old have they hit puberty the day afetr they have had the op or are they having a hormone surge already??

they are constantly at it!!!!

the third boy is not doing so well he was ok yesterday, but this evening is really off, no food, wont take the recovery and is lounging, rung the emerg vet and from what i have described to her she says it is ok to wait until first thing in the morning, which is when they have there appointment for there post op check.....i feel like i am a nurseand a school teacher dealing with unruley children, i want to pull my hair out!!!

stress, tired overworked and underpaid, :lol: :lol: ok then just tired!!!

Hi

It takes a good while for the hormones to get out of their system (say a couple of months) so you may have to practice your relaxation techniques :wink: :lol: .

On the plus side it is good that on the whole they seem to have come through the op well. Hope your other wee bun starts to feel perkier tomorrow.

Maybe they are just having one last sow of any wild oats that may be left over :?

lol Pam

THANKS PAM, i have never seen them like this before and they are driving me mad, i am stressed out about the other one and them shagging for want of a better word (sorry) is making the other one look even worse. but where did all the shagging come from i have never seen them do this before and the day after there op there AT IT!!!

It may be a dominance thing rather than a sexual thing, buns mount each other to determine who is the boss and as they are indoors and therefore in unfamiliar territory, and have met Kymber, it is probably this that has triggered this behaviour. A 'you are mine and you belong to me and not this new bun' statement rather than a hormone surge. If they are ok after their op it may be worth trying them back in their usual hutch so they are back in their familiar surroundings where they will feel unthreatened. Last thing you want them to do is split their stitches through all this bouncing.

When Violet arrived Zeus (who had lost his bits 8 months previously) suddenly started mounting Athena and she started mounting him back - it was a nightmare for the first week whenever they saw Violet in the run but it calmed down after a couple of weeks and they don't do it really, execpt the odd ocasion when Cosmos sprays Athena and sets Zeus off again.

Caz

hi towsbuns one is not eating so when they had there post op check this morning, he has an injection to move his gut, and the vet said keep him in until he is eating again properly.... i am trying to keep kymber out as much as possible,but he is also intregued :shock:

Caz said:
When Violet arrived Zeus (who had lost his bits 8 months previously) suddenly started mounting Athena and she started mounting him back - it was a nightmare for the first week whenever they saw Violet in the run but it calmed down after a couple of weeks and they don't do it really, execpt the odd ocasion when Cosmos sprays Athena and sets Zeus off again.

Caz

the politics of a rabbit!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caz said:

Caz

the politics of a rabbit!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am quite glad my hubby doesn't start mounting me in public everytime another male walks by - it could get rather embarrassing in shopping centres - there again I am also glad he uses the toilet and doesn't relieve himself over me either!

I for one think I wouldn't like to be reincarnated as a female rabbit (a male wouldn't be so bad ;) )!

Hope your little one starts eating soon!

Caz

Caz said:
I am quite glad my hubby doesn't start mounting me in public everytime another male walks by - it could get rather embarrassing in shopping centres - there again I am also glad he uses the toilet and doesn't relieve himself over me either!

I for one think I wouldn't like to be reincarnated as a female rabbit (a male wouldn't be so bad ;) )!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope your little one starts eating soon!

thanks caz!!!

Caz

Back