PDA

View Full Version : plastic bags

carina
01-03-2005, 03:18 PM
I clean out Ambers cage every 3-4days and I usually keep plastic carrier bags underneath the newspaper, hay and sawdust and underneath the newspaper and litter in her littertray. I woke up this morning to find she had pulled the carrier bag out from her litter tray and was actually eating it. I have now removed the carrier bags but Im worried this is going to do something to her digestive system, should i take her to the vets and will she be okay?

Thumps
01-03-2005, 03:29 PM
If she's still eating and pooping fine I wouldn't worry about it, just keep an eye on her. Keep the carrier bags away from her though as she may eat too much one time :lol: If she does stop pooping take her to the vets ASAP. Hope Amber is fine though.

Angela

BinkyBun
01-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Darcy has chewed shopping bags of mine before - I had literally put some shopping on the floor while I did something else and he was "in-like-flynn" chewing on them :roll: . He was fine after though so I wouldnt worry - just keep an eye on his eating n pooping (oh the joys of being a rabbit mummy!! :lol: ) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

luvabun
01-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Suggest a visit to a carpet shop might be in order. I went in and asked for offcuts of lino and walked out with a roll that was destined for the skip. There was enough to line both my hutches and a shed and a few hutches at a rescue. Much safer than plastic bags. :wink:

kimbun's mum
01-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Suggest a visit to a carpet shop might be in order. I went in and asked for offcuts of lino and walked out with a roll that was destined for the skip. There was enough to line both my hutches and a shed and a few hutches at a rescue. Much safer than plastic bags. :wink:

That's a good idea Jill :D - if your carpet shops is not as helpful as yours then maybe those stick on floor tiles (from Focus etc) would be an idea - I have put them on the bunny shed floor.

lol Pam

maryflynn
01-03-2005, 07:23 PM
I had literally put some shopping on the floor while I did something else and he was "in-like-flynn" chewing on them

:D :D Now now Romy, no joking of my surname :wink: Or Ill set Mitsy onto you.. grrr (Thats Mitsy's grr by the way hehe)

carina
01-03-2005, 08:02 PM
thanks for all your help. Shes eating and pooping fine so il think she'l be okay i just didn't know how to react at first hehe :)

Caz
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
I always troll out my "Zeus' first day" story at this point - for those that haven't heard it - the first day I got him he swallowed a huge chunk of plastic shopping bag (I was a naive bunny mummy and left things lying around thinking he wouldn't chew them - doh - I know better now)!

One emergency vet appointment later and the vet couldn't find a single trace of it so just tells me to make sure he keeps eating and drinking and watch for it to come out the other end!

I am still waiting over a year later ;) !

Caz