• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

plastic bags

carina

Young Bun
I clean out Ambers cage every 3-4days and I usually keep plastic carrier bags underneath the newspaper, hay and sawdust and underneath the newspaper and litter in her littertray. I woke up this morning to find she had pulled the carrier bag out from her litter tray and was actually eating it. I have now removed the carrier bags but Im worried this is going to do something to her digestive system, should i take her to the vets and will she be okay?

If she's still eating and pooping fine I wouldn't worry about it, just keep an eye on her. Keep the carrier bags away from her though as she may eat too much one time :lol: If she does stop pooping take her to the vets ASAP. Hope Amber is fine though.

Angela

Darcy has chewed shopping bags of mine before - I had literally put some shopping on the floor while I did something else and he was "in-like-flynn" chewing on them :roll: . He was fine after though so I wouldnt worry - just keep an eye on his eating n pooping (oh the joys of being a rabbit mummy!! :lol: ) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Suggest a visit to a carpet shop might be in order. I went in and asked for offcuts of lino and walked out with a roll that was destined for the skip. There was enough to line both my hutches and a shed and a few hutches at a rescue. Much safer than plastic bags. :wink:

luvabun said:
Suggest a visit to a carpet shop might be in order. I went in and asked for offcuts of lino and walked out with a roll that was destined for the skip. There was enough to line both my hutches and a shed and a few hutches at a rescue. Much safer than plastic bags. :wink:

That's a good idea Jill :D - if your carpet shops is not as helpful as yours then maybe those stick on floor tiles (from Focus etc) would be an idea - I have put them on the bunny shed floor.

lol Pam

I had literally put some shopping on the floor while I did something else and he was "in-like-flynn" chewing on them

:D :D Now now Romy, no joking of my surname :wink: Or Ill set Mitsy onto you.. grrr (Thats Mitsy's grr by the way hehe)

thanks for all your help. Shes eating and pooping fine so il think she'l be okay i just didn't know how to react at first hehe :)

I always troll out my "Zeus' first day" story at this point - for those that haven't heard it - the first day I got him he swallowed a huge chunk of plastic shopping bag (I was a naive bunny mummy and left things lying around thinking he wouldn't chew them - doh - I know better now)!

One emergency vet appointment later and the vet couldn't find a single trace of it so just tells me to make sure he keeps eating and drinking and watch for it to come out the other end!

I am still waiting over a year later ;) !

Caz

Back