• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad Farewell

Adele

Warren Veteran
It is great sadness that I announce that our oldest resident Florence was PTS late this afternoon.
I gave her a final wander around the garden, all her favourite treats and lots of kisses before departing for the Vets.
Florence was in a dreadful condition when she arrived here two years ago, so she has had a good quality of life with her 5 buddies.
I like to think we gave her two lovely years, but this does not make the loss any easier just now.
Florence became immobile over the past few weeks and has kidney failure, so we took the decision to have her PTS peacefully and with dignity before she deteriorated further :cry:

Goodbye Florence, we will never forget you, hope you have better legs to hop on in Heaven with the Angels:? :cry:
Thank you to everyone who has sent special wishes to Florence and asked after her.
I have asked the lovely Tamsin if she will post Florences photos here later, I took them half an hour before she went to the Vets :cry:

I'm so sorry Adele. I know its hard at the moment but just keep remembering all the happiness and love you shared with Florence that made her last years so special. She is binkying to heaven with nothing but love for you and the other bunsters. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh adele i am so sorry for you, the good thing is that florence ended her days in one of the best places with lots of love around her. I think what you and all the other rescues and sanctuaries do is simply amazing and you should be very proud, Take care of yourselves x

Oh Adele, how sad :cry: I'm so sorry. Still, she's been transferred from one bunny paradise to another. She was a very lucky girl to have you caring for her right up til the end.

Thinking of you xx

~ Binky free wee Florence, take all our love to the spirit buns ~

Adele, I am so sorry - like everyone else has said, she has had a wonderful life with you. We are all thinking of you. xxx

000_0105.jpg

000_0119.jpg

What a beautiful girl. I am sure she had a great life with you and that you made sure she did not suffer.
Bless her.

So sorry to hear about Florence :( She was a beautiful bunny, she was very lucky to have had a home with you.
Thinking of you.xx

I'm so sorry Adele. What a lovely girl, I bet those two years meant more to her and were filled with far more love and hapiness than the rest of her years put together. It isn't easy losing them, but just remember the good times you had with her.

Binky free at Rainbow Bridge lovely Florence.

Nicola xx

I am so sorry for you Adele, im totally welling up after seeing those beautiful photos - she was totally adorable. xx

Florence had two wonderful years with you and I am sure she takes all those happy memories over the rainbow bridge.

No matter how long we have with our bunnies when the time comes to say goodbye we are never ready to part with them. However you will carry Florence in your hearts so she will always be with you.

lol Pam

So very sorry to hear about Florence Adele :cry: It has to be one of the most hardest decisions to make even though we know that we have to make this heart breaking decision as we do not want them to suffer :cry: :cry: My heart goes out to you at this sad time :(

run free little Florence

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely messages of support, it is a great comfort to know you are here for us at this sad time.
I feel very lucky to have such wonderful friends, bless you all :)
I am missing Florence already, but have the welcome distraction of baby Bramble, Bears arrival tomorrow and all the others bunnies too :)
We have to keep going for their sakes :)

Adele, I was so sorry to read about Florence :( She was indeed a very beautiful bunny.......run free little one........take care.

Back