• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

shocking arrival

Betty

Alpha Buck
Took the baby bunnies away from Jessica on Friday, they are now in their own hutch.

Jessica seemed very aggitated and I wonder about putting one baby back with her, but decided to leave her till I got home form work.

Got home from work to discover one tiny baby in Jessica's hutch, took me a while to get my head round the fact that it was there. Turns out one of my boys decided Roger was cold outside when we went away for the weekend and let him in!!!!!

Obviously my first concern was for Jessica and I spent most of Friday night keeping a VERY close eye on her, but she is fine.

Second concern for this unexpected baby. It seemed cold on Saturday morning and I convinced it wouldn't make it. Jessica hooved over it while I turned it up side down under her and she fed it.

We have been putting bottles of hot water in the hutch [which is in doors] and have set up a light underneath to warm the area where the baby is.

Its now made it through three nights and seems to be ok. Still in a state of shock really. Even hoped it would just peacefully pass away so poor Jessica didn't have yet another baby to care for.

I know this can't be good for Jessica having another baby so soon and am keeping a very close eye on her, poor love.

Betty

the baby should be fine as long as your rabbit plucked a nice lot of fur to keep it warm, ive had some babbys born last week outside and they are fine. val

Thanks for that Val, it is indoors, but its Jessica I'm really worried about. Having said that she's been running around the house, trying to eat our dinner off our plates, so she should be ok

Betty

Hi Betty-Was worried that Polly was preggers again cos I didnt know if I got Pip out in time - she seemed so fat but I have been feeding her up! The tiddlers are 5 weeks old now so I guess she would have had some more by now if she was going to!
Must have been quite a shock! Hope the babe is ok still - just think of all the fun it'll have with all the older bros and sisters!! :wink: :D

Wow, I bet that was a shock - at least there is only one!!
If you are not planning on having any more babies, maybe a trip for a snip would be recommended for Randy Roger :lol: :lol:

Back