• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What am I?

Hey everyone,

We were puzzling about Bluey at the practice, unsure what breed he really is. He seems an Angora to me, but maybe not as fluffy and full-coated as the fluffster Angoras I've seen.

Bunniegirl's taken some pics, can anyone identify what the Bluester might be? Angora cross?

bluey002.jpg

bluey001.jpg

Is that fluff on his ears or growing up around them?

Lionheads can be fluffy all over but theirs ears don't have pompoms like angoras :lol:

do u have a front picture of him????? cant see the face
could be a over fluffly lionhead (like chris's simba :D ) u do get them in lion head litters and is genetic throw back. you can get a mixure of lion heads, some over fuffy, some with no manes, some with littel mane and some with a large mane
becky

He's definitely got those ear pom poms which made me think Angora. But do you see what I mean with the rest of the coat not quite being Angoraish? I'm thinking LionHead/Angore cross maybe?

I said Angora at work, but the nurse I was with didn't think so. lol Then I looked at pics on the net, but they were mainly show buns, so all dolled up.

Mind you, I don't give a hoot what the Bluester is, but I'm trying to work on my breeds. Same with dogs and cats too, for that matter!

Looks like a fluffy lionhead to me as well :D He's beautiful :D
Here are a couple of pictures of our Thomas - he is a fluffy three legged lionhead - the only colour that I could really call him is blonde :shock: :lol:
Thomas1august042.jpg

[/img]
Thomas31july046.jpg

when we had him in he had definite ear tufts, like the angora pom poms. Does this ever happen in Lionheads?

I wish I could find a good breed book to learn from. I've got the Encyclopaedias of the Cat & Dog, and they're excellent, but haven't found a good book for learning my rabbit breeds.

He is definitly more angora than lionhead probably angora x lionhead maybe i have a friend who breeds angoras i will see if he can send me some pics and wec an compare

Rayna

He looks like an Angora :)
He is covered in sawdust, Angoras should not be kept on sawdust as it works its way into their skin.
We use newspaper and Vet bed for Angoras to sit on, and put hay in a wire hay rack or stuffed into tissue boxes, so they are not actually sitting on it.
Angoras need to be thoroughly groomed daily before matts appear, else it is painful to try and groom them once matts have started.
We use baby safety scissors and keep Angoras trimmed up every week or so, this saves tugging on their fur whilst grooming.
He is a handsome rabbit but will have special needs as he has long fur.
PM me if you need any help :wink:

Simba has fuzzy ears like this blue bunny. A lionhead breeder i spoke to about him suggested he could have angora in his ancestory somewhere, altho not a direct cross himself... Lionheads dont usually have tufty ears only angoras and id suspect that bluey is a similar coat to simba from those piccys. Do you know how old bluey is?

p.s. trim his nose fluff so we can see his eyes!

There's no definite age on Bluey, I'm estimating 2.5-3 yrs from what the owner told me at work. She's had him for 1.5 years, but he was fully grown (and apparently castrated!!!!) when she bought him. This would have put him at 9months and older when they bought him. So theoretically he could be any age over about 2.5 years!!!!

Jaypot said:
Looks like a fluffy lionhead to me as well :D He's beautiful :D
Here are a couple of pictures of our Thomas - he is a fluffy three legged lionhead - the only colour that I could really call him is blonde :shock: :lol:
Thomas1august042.jpg

[/img]
Thomas31july046.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwww jaypot!! Ive always thought this bun looks a bit like my Ralf!! He is TOTALLY gorgeous!! He was on RR wasnt he - was his picture under "success stories?" he is lovely! :D PS I also agree that the fluffy bunny looks like an angora - as my Ralf has a hairy head and hairy "skirts" but not long hair on his body. :wink:

Bertie said:
It's quite clearly Dougal, from the magic roundabout.

Not being British, I've never seen TMR? Can anyone post a pic? lol

Adele, Rayna found out after about 5 mins not to put him on shavings, I think, but he sat wonderfully still whilst she picked him clean. He's a very well behaved boy, apparently!!!

There's been a terrible mistake. He's not a rabbit at all, he's a mop head! :lol:

Never seen a bunny with so much hair!

Lauren

Hahahahahaahahaha!

If he were a mop head, he'd probably not clean very well, his hair's all over the place. Hmmm, maybe a duster? Either way, perhaps you're right...maybe he's an enchanted cleaning item?

Back