• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

looking for giant bun to share my home!

Debbie

Young Bun
i have experiance of the british giant, as i used to own one, sadly she died peacefully a few years ago of old age :cry:

i have been looking through the rehome pages for a while now hoping to find my ideal bun! but i dont seem to be getting anywhere, so if anyone can help me - the age, and sex etc is unimportant to me even prepared to travel to a decent distance :roll: the house just feels so empty as the other buns are all bonded and live in a shed with attached run, so i feel it would be unfair seperating them or having all six in the house :shock:

Hi Debbie

I know it is not what you are looking for - but I couldn't tempt you with a lovely Californian boy called Dominic who is ever so sweet and has been in the SSPCA in Angus for ever so long. He is lovely but is getting a bit institutionalised. He is quite big (mini giantish).

Sorry :oops: but it is worth a shot and I am determined to find this lovely boy a forever home - he is on the RR site.

He has been in rescue (in a little cage) for about nine months or so (maybe longer)

:D :D :D

lol Pam

tempting! :lol:

what is the poor lads background, was he just another childs bunny who got fed up of him?

is he neutered (would be getting done anyway lol :shock: ), litter trained?

:lol:

How larger big bun do you want? British giants aren't that common there are more french lops about and I've seen quite a few new zealands recently as well.

I'm not sure how big Dominic is (up near Lynda) he's probably smallish french lop sized if he's a proper californian.

Bramcote (Nottingham) have a large female BG/french lop.

Tam

Hi Debbie

He looked quite big to me - bigger than Aggie and she is cushion sized (and about as active :lol: :lol: ).

Dominic was dumped up the Angus Glens - he is very clean but I can't say about being litter trained. I could find out if you like.

lol Pam

the bigger the better :lol:

i have a dutch, angora cross, 2 x dwarf lops, netherland dwarf and a sable, and my lops act more like wee dogs :roll:

are all lops like this or is it just how the buns are raised? as these are the only ones i have had since they were young

Oooooo Debbie I know the background on this one!

No he wasn't dumped, he was handed in to the rescue cos the owner was made homeless when he was made redundant (owner is still in a homeless unit). He's a lovely bun and is big and very gentle. The owner was heartbroken when he had to part with him but he was desparate. He asked me to take him in but we didn't have room for him at the time :( . Jim was sooooo tempted to have him as his own and often talks about him.

The owner tried having him rehomed to one of his mates but they didn't look after him and the kids used to leave his hutch open so he could escape, so the owner decided in the buns best interests that he should go to a rescue.

Debbie - your goose might be well and truly cooked :shock: ( to use a very unsavory saying for a vegetarian!) Once Pam and Lynda get on your case you've had it !!!! :D :D We did see Dominic when we went for Galaxy - he was a substantial boy !

poor dominic and his previous owner, i cant imagine how much that would of hurt :cry:

any ideas why people are over looking him? :roll: please dont say its due to his red eyes!

Hi

I think people are overlooking him because he is not as cute and fluffy looking as a baby bun - also a lot of people seem to prefer lops :(

As well there are not an awful lot of people that visit the SSPCA and those that do sadly go for the wee cute fluffy bunnies first. It is a real shame cause as Lynda says he is such a gently soul and would really make someone a wonderful pet.

lol Pam

himm.jpg
dominic.jpg

Just thought everyone would like to see how handsome he really is
00000054.gif

Diddeen said:
so you need a female giant.. then you have a big pair :shock: :lol: :lol:

:lol: in my dreams!! would it be harder to litter train two house buns? or would they both over mark each others fav spots lol :oops:

As long as their neutered then two shouldn't really be harder than one. Although it does mean double the currents whilst they are learning. If you introduce them at different times the first one may lose its good habits whilst the other settles in.

Tam

Back