• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Topshop.

rabshan

Mama Doe
I have been very inpressed with Topshop, they have a notice on their window (docklands branch) saying that all fur sold in their stores is FAKE. I love topshop anyway always buy my jeans in there, only shop that I can buy size 8 & know they will fit me perfectly without having to try them on. Well done to them & lets hope many other stores will follow suit.

they have the same sign in the topshop near my work in london (The strand)

Size 8!?!?!? i would love to be a size 8 again haven't been that small since leaving school *mumbles 5 years ago*

iopshop.

Has anyone tried to fathom out GAPs sizing on jeans...I bought a 6 & there too big so I guess I should have got a 4 but it just seems wrong, last time I buy some in that shop....I live in jeans they are so pratical when you spend all your time feeding & cleaning out bunnies or cats or erm...must have forgotten someone Oh!!! yes the rats...erm...sorry guys.

hi rabshan

there sizes are america, so 4 is a size 8 i think, but since we have loads of americas on here lately try asking them, they may help us phathom it out.

:shock: :shock:

sizing

Hi bunnylove...guess I must have bought a size 10, so thats why they were too big or perhaps i,ll just eat another twix or 6 & then I may fit them.

if you are anything like me rabshan you could probably eat another twenty and it would not make a shred of difference!!!!

init just a pain!!!!!

Their sizes are american which means you have to add 4 to their size.

Their 6 is our 10
Their 8 is our 12

and so on..........

Not that i would know about size 8...havn't been that for years :lol: :(

Twix eating.

OOOHHHHHHH!!!! 20 twixes NOW thats what dreams are made of, that and a warm snuggly bunnkins to cuddle.

Though Topshop do sell turkey feather stoles, so the anti fur thing on the window meant nothing in their Nottingham branch. :?

size 8 Shan :shock: :shock: :lol: you bean pole you :lol: :lol: my sister has the same problem, she goes to Tammy Girl :wink:

Not sure if this is still going on but I stopped shopping for GAP stuff a few years ago now after there was a documentary on their use of slave labour using very young children in their factories overseas :( The documentary was urging people to stop buying these goods so they would stop using children to make them :)

If you havent already seen it - have a look at The Compassionate Shopping Guide. It comes from Naturewatch www.naturewatch.org .
Dont think it does clothing but gives you list of ethical and non-ethical brands, manufacturers etc. Its not online you have to send for the book (£2.50) but as its a charity its probably one of their main sources of revenue. I got my copy from Bunnymail I think, and used to scan it occasionally. However I was reading it properly at the weekend and was a bit put out to find that Ecover is not endorsed :shock: So much for me struggling with their cleaners ans laundry stuff for the last few years. However it was an older edition so I'll see what it says it the new one

Ecover.

I used to use Ecover but it brought me & O/H out in a rash so I had to give it a miss. P.S. was wondering what you,d wear a turkey feather stole for maybe a HEN party HeHE or just smother it in sage & onion & shove it in the oven.

Re: Gap.

rabshan said:
Didn,t know that denny...exploiting children is not on, I will avoid that shop from now on.

I dont know if they are still doing it now Shan :? as the documentary was really hard hitting and was quite a few years ago now :? if my memory recalls, they were using children as young as 8/10 years for something like £1.00 a month :( I remember thinking that as child would'nt be safe using a cooker let alone a sewing machine at that age :(

Back