• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

family bonding???

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
hi i am having my litter (well the 3 boys) neutered on monday with there mother
(stressed) 4 rabbits to care for post op)

anyway i am wondering who to put with whom after.

in the litter is three girls and 3 boys, so i was hoping to put them in boy/girl partnerships after. but was wondering how will i decide whom to put with whom.

at the moment the three girls live together and the three boys live together. they are all 4 months old, so they are still relatively young do you think i should just do it randomly or i will need to bond. they all live in too big cages next to each other at the mo.

any suggestions

Eve x

I would think as they are being neutered at this age you shouldn't have too much trouble (famous last words ;) ) What size groups are you hoping to get them in? Pairs, trio's, one big group?

Don't forget they'll need time to recover first :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
I would think as they are being neutered at this age you shouldn't have too much trouble (famous last words ;) ) What size groups are you hoping to get them in? Pairs, trio's, one big group?

Don't forget they'll need time to recover first :)

Tam

to be honest tamsin i has never thought about that pairs i suppose, they have eight foot hutches x 3ft x 3 ft.

could i get away with trios do you think or keep to pairs?

Eve x

I don't have any experience of bonding but I have noticed in some of hte rescues they have three sisters/brothers or even one resuce as four girlies together and they seem to be fine. Not sure if they have been spayed/neutured tho?

Good luck with this matey, and please post pics soon!!! xx

They are only small-medium sized buns aren't they (I mean will be when grown up) so yep I think trio's would be fine. Or one trio and two pairs (or is mum going with dad?

You could keep the boys / girls in their current groups if you wanted or start observing them (and taking notes) on which seem especially close. Try a few different combinations and see which have the best reactions to each other. If they see each other and start sitting together/grooming its probably a good match.

Tam

nope tamsim mummy is going with dad they are pineing to be together now but i am not gonna putt them together and them separate for her op, i am just gonna wait for her op to be over on monday, then when she is rested put them together finally...

i think i may do that keep them in there sex groups as they are as (touching wood) ok with each other and i have hit 4 months with no fighting as yet.

i will let you know how it goes.....thanks

Back