• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sootys gone to the bridge. PM Update.

Thumps

Alpha Buck
Today at about 5pm Sooty went across the bridge to join Sweepie, Casper, Toffee, Thumps and Oscar.
It was a bit unexpected, we were on our way to the vets. We were there a couple of weeks ago and the vet said he had snuffles so gave us baytril. A few days ago I noticed he was breathing funny again and on Sunday he wasn't himself, so I gave him some metacam and he perked up quite well and was heard munching away on Sunday evening when I went to bed. He was still quite perky when he was out on Monday evening, begging at the kitchen door whenever I went in. Last night he was a bit quieter than normal but was still eager at feeding time, he was also still munching hay then and again this morning he was eager for his pellets. He hadn't eaten them all, there's about 6-8 left. So I have no idea whats happened to him, he went downhill very, very fast. Im still in shock just now.
The vet will do a PM tomorrow and hopefully it will show something.
Its not the best photo, sorry Mr Sooty Pants.
30012005%20008-medium.jpg

Run free and binky all over Rainbow Bridge, I hope Sweepie is nice to you, Im sure she'll look after you and show you the best grazing and sunbathing spots. Now you can sunbathe together again, brother and sister, Sooty and Sweepie.
Good night little man.[/url]

Oh Angela, what a shock! This is the last post I expected to see. I'm sooooo sorry m'dear *hug* At least he was perky right up to the end.

Thinking of you :(

~ Binky free wee man, take our love to all the spirit buns, and enjoy the sunshine Sooty ~

I'm so sorry.
So sudden, so sad, so hard to loose one of our beloved.
Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Sooty will healthy and happy over the Bridge and will be waiting for you.

Jim

Oh Ange, I really am so dreadfully, dreadfully sorry, this has really upset me!!! I really feel it for you, sending you lots of love and hugs. xxxx

On dear, so, so sorry to hear of your sad loss of Sooty :cry:
I could not believe it when I read your post, we are all thinking of you Angela.
Sending you hugs and much love
Adele and the Sanctuary bunnies
Ps. I expect Sooty will be greeted at Heavens gates by my Mum, other rabbit lovers and a million other bunnies. :wink:

I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of Sooty :cry: He looks such a lovely boy - and it was all so sudden too - what a crying shame :cry: I can see why you are in shock - you have lost one of your family and it hurts so much :cry:
Run free in the eternal sunshine Sooty - have fun in the fields and chomp merrily on the lush grass. God Bless You xxxxx

Thank you all, Im not normally an emotional person but I have to admit I can't see the keyboard very well just now. Its so heart warming to read those words, thank you everyone.

I hope he manages to find Sweepie in all them other bunnies and others at rainbow bridge, she' just an ickle girl as was little Sooty. Both little bunnies who stole a very large chunk of my heart.
I think Harley is upset at our lose too. He hasn't come out of the bedroom since we got home and was confused at tea time, he ran over to the litter tray beside Sootys bed as usual as Sooty was always fed first, he looked so puzzled when I went straight to his dish.

Angela

Aawww im soo sorry to hear your little Sooty has passed over Rainbow bridge. Take care of yourself Angela and hope little Harley is ok too.

I'm so sorry, I lost Fern bunny on Monday :cry:, so I can completely empathise - may they binky free together.

Bev

Am feeling gutted for you Thumps.... please don't beat yourself up with the "what-ifs" as Sooty obviously had an amazing life with you

Oh Angela, I am so sorry to hear about Sooty. The only consolation I can give you is that Sooty had no prolonged suffering. I think us two foots all feel that we wouldn't want that for ourselves. But it is so heard on the ones left behind. Thinking of you so much

Rainbowbridge.jpg

I am so sorry to hear about Sooty, we all know how heartbroken you must be, and we are all thinking of you. xx

Angela.....

so sorry to hear about Soots, just got your email :cry: will reply asap

Run free Sooty you cutie pie.

Angela - don't beat yourself up you are a wonderful bunny mummy who obv cares very very much.

Back