• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Netherland Dwarf poop!

Thumps

Alpha Buck
Sorry its not a nice topic :lol: I was hoping someone else with a Netherland Dwarf can be so nice as to tell me what the normal size a poop is for their Netherland :shock: :lol: I know its a bit of a bizarre question so I will explain. I have a 4 year old Nethie called Sooty, there's something wrong with him but Im not entirely sure what. We saw a vet a couple of weeks ago, now this was a vet I hadn't seen before. The reason I took Sooty was that I had noticed he wasn't munching much hay and more worringly he has started to wheeze, its not so much wheezing but very noisy breathing. So anyway vet asks me do any of your others have snuffles? So I said yes, he shares my bedroom with one. So he took Soots temp but didn't say anything about it, I can't for the life of me remember if he looked at his teeth, I think he did. We were given Baytril and told try that for five days. Now the baytril did help but in the meantime I have noticed he's stopped eating so much hay and yesterday there was something just not right with him. So I gave him a drop of metacam on some apple and last night when I went away to bed, while I was waiting for sleep to come I heard him munching away quite happily. So we have an appointment for Wednesday and I thought it was best to go on poop patrol incase its more than his teeth, as his breathing is a bit funny too. So while picking through the litter box (as you do :shock: ) I thought erm I can't remember what size they were before! So I was hoping someone could help me work out what sort of size they should be??
Thank you :D
Angela

Well I have a dwarf rabbit who is a bit bigger than a Nethie but her poos are pretty small, so I'd guess that a Nethie's poos will also be pretty small! As long as they look well formed and aren't TOO tiny they should be OK, and also I think they should be consistent in size.

Hope he is soon feeling better, and u get to the bottom of everything!

Nicola

Hope he is soon feeling better, and u get to the bottom of everything!

Ha ha. I hope you get to "the bottom" of it too.

My Neth.'s poop is less than half the size of my dutch's. Very small.

Lauren

Not a nice topic? Bah!!!! Its my favourite as I've learnt its such a good guide to their health :oops: Can't help you with the question but would say that you can play golf with my lots when they are "regular" and chowing down on the hay :wink:

Thank you Nicola, Lauren and Jill! I hit a new low in bunny owning last night, I sat for about 30 mins sorting through his poopies to see what sort of sizes they really were :shock: They were consistent to a degree in that we ended up with 3 piles, large, medium and small :lol: Thankfully the small one's were just a few, most of them were about the size of a whole peppercorn and some a wee bit smaller. They were plentiful though, certainly a good handful of them. Well shall see what tonights poopie patrol brings :lol: :lol: (I need to get out more me thinks)
It wouldn't be so bad if I had another Nethie to compare with but the rest of the gang are Lops or Lop crosses so it's hard to compare.
Jill you'd have mega fun playing golf with some of the poops Chloe does :shock: her's are huuuuuggggeeeee for a Dwarf Lop!!!!
Angela

he he he its great to see how people spend their free time!!!! looking through rabbit poop!! :lol: :lol:

No wonder our friends think we are mad!!!

Yes we must seem mad!! But best way to see if bun is off colour or has digestive problems :) I check the litter trays every night and have a good look to see if there is anything abnormal!!

I think as long as the poops look fibrous and are of a good consistency, there shouldn't be too much need to worry bout ur Nethie. :)

Back