• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Peter's second op

baby04

Warren Scout
Hi,

Peter is back from his second operation to drain the abscess.
It has been left open this time so I just hope that we can really get rid this time.

I just want to say a big thank you for all your support over the last two weeks. :thumb:

Tracey

Kisses to Peter
kiss.gif
kiss.gif

Glad he came through it ok :) Should be much better as it has been left open as the pus can drain. I've got everything crossed that it heals successfully this time! :)
Give Peter lots of bunny snuggles from me and my girls.

Nicola

aawww bless him, please give Peter a kiss and snuggle from me.
Hugs to you too, you have had a worrying time, but it looks like things will get better from now on :wink: :D

How's Peter been since he got home? Hope this is the last op for the abcess and it heals well! Big snuggles to Peter.

Angela

Awww Well Done little Peter Bunster - will keep all fingers and paws crossed that he continues to get better - he'll soon be back binkying around by the sounds of things :wink:

Hi,

Peter is recovering well from the operation :D .
He is back to the vets tomorrow so they can flush the area out. I've got hibiscrub that I have been cleaning him with.

Tracey & Peter

Back