• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I need some help with Bubbles

BubbleBee

Warren Scout
Well, I have switched her food to a new brand. Because her old brand was way to expencive. But now shes not eating it at all. I tryed to graduily mix it in, but I guess I went to fast. But Im worried about her, because shes not eating anything except treats and hay.

Thanks for any help.

~*Melissa*~

Hay's the most important thing, as long as she is eating plenty of thats then there isn't too much to worry about. Was she eating the new food whilst you switch it? Maybe she isn't keen on the taste? Perhaps instead of feeding one or the other you could feed a mix of both perminately that will still bring your costs down.

I'm not familar with what brands are available in the US but if its anything like the UK there may be a couple to choose from, is there another you could try?

Tam

Hi

My bunny has a new food and sometimes she eats and sometimes she doesn't! So I have decided to permenantly mix it half and half with her old food, she doesn't get much of each anyway. She loves her hay and the diet should be 80% hay anyway so if ur bun is munching on hay I wouldn't worry too much!!

Nicola

Back