• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Melon

Hello, I went onto the ask jeeves website, and 3 of the websites I found, said it is very safe for rabbits and guinea pigs to eat melon (and the rind).

I have seen pics of bunnies tucking into watermelon but haven't tried it with mine!

Caz

hi everyone :D as far as im aware it is safe for bunnies to eat watermelon, but personally i feed it in small amounts to my bunnies, who all seem to enjoy it once in a while :)

Mine have all had Watermelon rind this week, and other sorts in the past. None of them seem any the worse for it. The rabbits don't get much though as the piggies love it so much :D

Mine don't much like melon. Cassidy will eat it, but only if the other bunnies give it a sniff first. It's like she only eats it to stop them from eating it. Despite that, I've certainly not noticed any harmful effects. I don't give them the rind and I only give them small amounts. They rarely get fruit and only in very small quantities. I'm the meanest bunny mum in the world. Mwahahaha.

Bertie said:
They rarely get fruit and only in very small quantities. I'm the meanest bunny mum in the world. Mwahahaha.
I'm with you there Bertie as mine don't get fruit at all :cry: they have just wolfed down their treat of fresh basil..... i'm expecting some extremely fragrant poos :oops: :oops:

Bertie said:
Hmm. Maybe I should feed Boscov more basil.

1.gif

Back