• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Best way to clean a white rabbit?

SLRabbits

New Kit
I was planning on taking my BEW buck to the show next weekend, but he has stains in his fur that he had when I bought him. I have tried those small animals wipes, and also white vinegar with corn starch, and neither have worked.

Is there anything you would recommend short of giving him a bath? That would not go over very well, lol.

Thanks!

Hi there :D short from giving your little chap a bath you could try spot cleaning the area(s) with a damp soapy cloth or dry foam shampoo, theres plenty on the market to choose from. My little Bunty is a Albino dwarf lop and i find this helps.

Do you have any cornflour over there? If so spray the feet with water, then apply some cornflour and it should make a paste, then as the rabbit licks it off it should clean the feet.
Or just daily spray the feet with water, the rabbit won't like the feeling of it so will lick, and clean the feet in the process.
Of course prevention is easier than the cure - clean his litter tray everyday so that he doesn't get the chance to get dirty :wink:
HTH

Fluffybunny- ..As I said above, I bought him with the stains. I have drop pans under wire so there is no problem with him getting in his own urine.

Bunnybasics- Thanks, but I tried giving him a rag bath today with dog soap and that didn't work. Also tried that dry bath stuff, that didn't work either. :?

I really hate to keep buying stuff that isn't going to work.. so does anyone have any natural, around the kitchen things that could be used?

Nichole...Have you heard of Amway products? LOC...Liquid Organic Cleanser...nothing harmful at all in it and is wonderful for taking marks and stains from any fabric or material or anything at all!!! We have it here but it comes from US. I would send you some if it would get there in time

Marlene, have you got a list of the ingredients in it? I haven't heard of it before, but it could do wonders for my carpet where the dog puked on it :roll:

I have used this for 25 years and use it for everything. surfaces..stains on carpets clothes etc..hand washing..cleaning everything..even washed my hair with it. Eliminates smells ...just a wonderful product I couldn't be without. It is effective but mild! Will try to get more info for you

No, I haven't heard of it unfortunantly. The bad thing is, I live in the middle of nowhere, and the only real store around is Walmart, so I am fairly limited to what I can get. :( But thank you anyways.

I thoughtI could help but as usual...open big mouth..put foot right in it!!!

I contacted Amway and because they have never done a test on bunny fur....they would not recommend it. This I can understand as they certainly would not want to make bunny itch etc.....for myself I showered my beloved Toby every week with LOC and he had a beautiful coat. Any little marks..damp cloth...tiny touch of LOC...mark gone!! I loved my Toby so much and would never have done anything to hurt him so my intentions for you were VERY good. At one time they did a high suds LOC and we all bathed with it...much cheaper and more friendly bubbles than "bubble bath"

Just wanted to say that my intentions were so good...if I was in the same position, I would have no hesitation but just had to make you aware.

Am I making sense here?

Hope you are "spottless" for the show

WALLMART...has to be my very favourite place...when we go...I go one way...Ian goes another and we meet up after HOURS...wonderful place

Lynda...this would be wonderful for dog pukes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As said already...I use it for absolutely everything....imagine cutting onions...the smell...a little LOC and the smell has gone. I have "spot cleaned" red wine..branston pickle...honey...etc etc from my carpet. It has a very low residue so you don't have to rub and wipe heaps of times

Here are the ingredients

Aqua, Sodium C12-15, Pareth Sulpfate, Cocamide DEA, Sodium Chloride, Triethanolamine, Citric Acid, Parfum Methylcholoroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Also:

http://www.miata.net/products/body/amway.html

http://www.amway.co.uk/default.asp?lan=uk&zone=Products&num=19&sub=75

If you are interested... I can send you down a "wee" sample and then put you in touch with your nearest distributo

Marlene said:
Nichole...Have you heard of Amway products? LOC...Liquid Organic Cleanser...nothing harmful at all in it and is wonderful for taking marks and stains from any fabric or material or anything at all!!! We have it here but it comes from US. I would send you some if it would get there in time

marlene where do you buy that from in the uk?

eve x

We use cornflour, it keeps all our white bunnies sparkling white :wink: :D
and my hair too, when they shake it out of their fur all over me in protest :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I will try that with Zippy and Scooby, although saying that I will have to wait for the mites to clear up first.

Eve...it is only sold through distributors and is you give me your area..I will get your nearest distributor. It really is a wonderful product and I would rather do without my knickers than my LOC

sorehead.gif

Lynn said:
Marlene said:
It really is a wonderful product and I would rather do without my knickers than my LOC

:shock: :shock: :shock: Really Marlene, what even in this snowy weather :!: :shock: :lol:
I think you could be a great salewoman for LOC, and you may have just given them a new sales line.....PANTS to their old advertising methods, yours is much more THONG IN CHEEK :shock: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry, bashed my head yesterday so you will have to make allowances for my postings today :oops: :lol:

Adele said:
[
I think you could be a great salewoman for LOC, and you may have just given them a new sales line.....PANTS to their old advertising methods, yours is much more THONG IN CHEEK :shock: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry, bashed my head yesterday so you will have to make allowances for my postings today :oops: :lol:

Adele I am shocked :lol: :lol: And there was me worrying about what that mad Bunnyhugger would come up with :wink: :wink:

Lynn said:
Adele I am shocked :lol: :lol: And there was me worrying about what that mad Bunnyhugger would come up with :wink: :wink:

Ooh dont you fret Lynn, I am sure Lyndas retort will be worse than mine :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back